Chapter 52: The Surprise

Aces' Palace

"Hey, are you still bothered about that Luc?" Steve said.

I'm inside the library, I was trying to find some books that can help me to discover what Luc is, and what I am.

"Yeah, a little bit. I just want to look for a book that best describes him," I said, while still looking for a book.

"Is that so? Let me help you," he said then he also started looking for some books.

Hmm... I can't find anything. The books here are just all about magics.

I looked up and saw that there is a black thin book, so I decided to take it, but it's too high.

So, I took a ladder and placed it in front of the black thin book.

"Let me take it, Yui," Steve said.

"No, no. I'm okay, Steve," I said.

"Okay, I'll just stand here so if ever you fall, I'll catch you," he said.

I smiled, "Thank you, Steve." Then I started climbing the ladder and found the thin book. I tried pulling it but it just won't come off. I can't get it.

"Let me... take you," I said as I started pulling it out hardly.

I gathered all of my strength and I pulled it out with all force and I finally got it, but I stepped on the wrong steps. I knew my body will fall.

"W-woah, S-ste--" then I fell down, but the floor was not that hard and it smells so good.

"O-ouch, my foot," I said.

"A-are you okay?" I heard Steve asked.

I looked at him and saw his face so close to me.

I-I'm on top of him >_<

"I-I'm...I-I'm... f-fine," I said while still looking at him.

I can't move, I don't want to move. This position is so comfortable >_<

"U-uhh, Y-yui--"

"O-oh, r-right. I'm sorry," I said then I moved and sat... on him.

"Y-yui, I think y-you should not sit t-there," Steve said and his face is so red.

"Why?" I asked, then I suddenly felt something moved hard from my butt, so I suddenly stood up. "Eeeek! What's that?"

"N-nothing. Let's read it," he said then he quickly took the book and ran to the table.

Huh? Why is he acting so weird?

I just shrugged and sat beside him.

"Alright! Let's read it!" I said then I took the book from him.

"Why is this so thin? It looks like it has only few pages," I said, but he just stayed silent. The book cover is only plain black, it has no label or title on it.

I looked at Steve, he's blushing so hard.

I just didn't mind it and I started opening the book.

The first page doesn't have anything on it so I turned to second page but there was none.

"H-huh?"

"Why does it only has one page?" Steve said.

"I don't know. And nothing is written on the first page. What's with this book? Is it unfinished?" I asked.

"Maybe? I just saw that book today, I never knew we have that kind of book," he said.

Hmm... funny. Maybe there is really something on it but only the chosen one is allowed to read it.