Chapter 34: Help

Alvis's POV

I'm currently in my room and having some rest, "I never knew a Water Magic User VS Water Magic User will be hard. Phew, I'm glad I defeated that enemy. Well, I defeated him because I'm strong and powerful, HA-HA-HA-HA!" I said, talking to myself.

What are those trainings for? I heard the king gave all the captains a task to assign us to different places where there are enemies and we need to defeat them, that will serve as our training.

Only the members of the squad and the vice captains are allowed to go to the training... but where is Captain Langston?

I sighed, "Nevermind him. He's always like that, disappear then appear then disappear again. Psh, he never changed." He really has his own business.

But even though he's like that, I'm really thankful he's my captain. He's the one who offered me to join this squad and that's the first and last time I heard his voice. He's actually creepy because of his aura and empty face.

I was about to stand up when suddenly, I heard my window shattered and a very fast lightning arrow fell on my bed.

WHO THE HELL DID THAT!? I ALMOST DIED!

I stared at the arrow, and watched the lightning fade and the arrow turned into ashes. All that is left is a burnt card. I picked it up, "This is captain's card." I turned it and saw that there is a letter written on it.

"Elp? Yui 'n Langs," I read what's on the card. What's an elp? Maybe it's just a typo? Or handypo?

I looked at it closer and I smelled something from the card, it smells like blood.

Blood... hmm...Is this a death threat?

Who the hell is Langs? And Yui? I've heard that Yui name before.

"Yui? Yui, Yui... yes, Yui..." My eyes widened, "THAT'S THE WEAK GIRL FROM THE ACES! Then who's Langs?" I said.

"Funny, it sounds like the captain's name-- FCK!" I shouted.

I immediately went out and looked for the Vice Captain, Mira.

"Mira! Mira! MIRA!" I called.

"Keep your voice down, Alvis, and call me Vice Captain," she said.

"We need to help the captain!" I said.

"Huh? Why? But I'm sure the captain will--"

"A LIGHTNING ARROW LANDED ON MY BED AND IT HAS A NOTE WRITTEN ON CAPTAIN'S CARD THAT IS WRITTEN BY BLOOD! LOOK!" I said and I handed her the burnt card.

She looked at it, "Yui?" She whispered.

"That's the weak--"

"She's Steve's girl," she said.

Huh? Girl? Well, what do you expect from a playboy?

"We need to go to the Aces," she said.

"What? No! We can do this without them helping us--"

"Then tell me where do you think the captain is right now!?" She shouted. "Do you have any idea, huh?"

Yeah, she's right.

"Maybe in the..." I said, trying to think for an answer.

"*sighs* Let's go," she said then she grabbed me.

Aces --

Captain Luttrell's Office

We just wanted to talk to the captain but why are they all here? Jeez, we don't need them here.