Chapter 27: Dreams

*knock knock*

"Yui? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Alyssa asked from the outside.

"I-I'm okay, I just accidentally dropped the glass while I was cleaning," I said.

"Okay, goodnight!" She said.

"Goodnight," I said.

What was that reflection? Is that me? No, it cannot be! Why would I smile like that? It's so creepy and disgusting!

Maybe I'm just exhausted.

I lied down on my bed and hugged Yuri, and I closed my eyes and slept.

------

"Yui... Yui," someone called.

"Who are you? Where are you?" I asked.

What place is this? It's just pure white and empty. Am I in heaven? Did I die in my sleep?

"Yui," someone called again.

I walked and walked and walked but I see no end.

Plus, why do I feel so light and small? I looked at my hands and it's so small, my feet are so small too, and I'm wearing a plain white dress. I held my face, it's so soft and smooth. I touched my hair and looked at it, why is my hair color white? My hair is black, not white.

"Who am I? Who is this girl?" I whispered.

"Yeah... who are you?" someone spoke again.

"Please show yourself," I said.

Then I heard slow footsteps coming towards me but I still see no one. Then suddenly, "Yui," he's behind me.

I looked at him and I was scared by what I saw.

"Y-you're--"

I can't speak clearly.

I can feel my whole body trembling.

He's wearing a long black cape with a hood. He has no skin, only bones. But he has halo above his head.

"W-w-what are you?" I asked.

He did not answer me, instead, he just handed me a mirror. So I took it and looked at myself in the mirror.

The girl on the mirror looks like a child, she has white eyes and pale skin, and her hair is so white.

Who is this? This is not me.

"It's you," the bones said.

"It's not me. My hair is black, and my eyes are red. I don't have pale skin and I don't look like a child," I said.

"Look in the mirror once again," he said.

So I looked at the mirror again, and the child-like girl in the mirror slowly changed. Her hair slowly became black and her eyes became red. This time, it's me, it's really me.

But then, the girl in the mirror suddenly cried black blood, and her eyes became white.

But then, the girl in the mirror suddenly  cried black blood, and her eyes became white