Chapter 19: The Ball Part 1

What should I do? What should I do? What should I do?

I'm currently sitting here and I've been drinking water for 30 minutes already. Where's Yuno? Why did he leave me here? Ugh! Alyssa, Ethan, please come back. Steve, where are you? T_T

"Good evening, everyone. I would like to request each one of you to settle down because the King has arrived," the speaker said.

Then the king walked in front, "Good evening, Kingdom of Mages. I'm sorry I'm late, I took care a lot of things earlier. So, today is the 750th Anniversary of the kingdom and I want you all to feel relaxed and just enjoy the party," the king said.

"Also, I would like to thank all of you, especially the four squads, for protecting this kingdom from danger and other disasters. Please continue to protect this kingdom and help those people who's in need. Again, enjoy the night and have fun," he added.

Then the crowd started clapping, so I clapped too.

"Everyone, cheers!" The king said as he lift his glass of wine in the air. The crowd also did the same, so I put some wine on my glass and lift it in the air too.

"Cheers!" The crowd said then they all started drinking their glass of wine, so I drank mine too.

Hmm... it tastes good. It tastes like grapes? And I did not feel any dizziness at all! I'll go get another wine.

I was about to pour some wine on my glass when suddenly someone stopped me.

"What are you doing?"

"Y-yuno? I'm going to drink some wine. It tastes great!" I said.

"You don't drink wines like beers, okay?"

"Okay, okay. Then let me--"

"No. Remember what the captain told you? Make some friends and talk to some people," he said.

"I c-can't. I'm too shy--"

Then he grabbed me and left me at the center of the crowd.

W-WHAT!?

YUNOOOOOO!

I tried following him but he's too fast and I lost sight of him.

"Yui, why is your face like that?"

"S-steve? Thank goodness!" I said and I hugged him.

"Don't leave me please," I said.

He laughed then he patted my head, "Of course, I won't. Where's Yuno?"

"I don't know. He just left me here," I pouted.

"Now, now. It's alright, you have me," he smiled then suddenly the music being played changed. It became a romantic song. "Will you dance with me, Yui?" he said as he offered his hand to me.

I smiled and held his hand. I nodded.

Then he placed my hand on his shoulders, and he placed his hands on my back, near my waist.

"You're so gorgeous," he said as he looked at me directly in the eyes.

"Thank you," I smiled. "I did not know you can wear clothes without unbuttoning it," I laughed.

"Well, I'm not actually used to it. It feels so hot and itchy," he said.

I chuckled, "Steve."

"Yes?"

"I noticed you stopped calling me using your endearments," I said.

"Oh, yes. Why? Do you want me to call you 'my queen'?" He smiled.