Chapter 57: The King

Evening

I'm currently here inside my room and walking around in circles, trying to find and wait for the black butterfly to come.

"Come on, come on, butterfly. Please help me regain my memories, come on," I whispered. "Where are you? Come out, please."

What time is it? I looked at the clock and saw that it's already 3 am.

Why won't the butterfly appear? Should I go outside? I looked at the window and opened it, the moment I opened it, I heard owls hooting.

What if my comrades and the captain find out I went outside? Ugh, I don't know!

I stepped on the window, "I'm sorry, I really have to do this." Then I jumped out from the window and flew down.

The moment I set my feet on the ground, I quickly started running even though I don't know where I am going. I just need to find the butterfly. It's so dark, but the darkness' kingdom is darker, so it's okay.

I continued running then I stopped, I looked at my surroundings. I feel like someone's watching me. So I quickly hid behind the tall wall and sat down. I breathed heavily, trying to catch my breath from running.

Then I heard some footsteps coming in my way so I quickly stood up and looked at my surroundings, there's no one. I walked slowly and I was about to peep behind the wall when a face suddenly showed up in front of me, I gasped and I tripped.

"Don't scare me like that," I said then I stood up and looked at him.

"You should...be scared," he said with a deep, cold, and dead voice.

I felt my whole body suddenly fell down on the ground and shivered in fear.

"L-luc," I whispered. He looked down on me and grinned evilly.

"P-please don't h-hurt me," I said, I can feel and hear my voice shaking from fear.

He did not answer, he just walked slowly towards me, I crawled back. Stand up, Yui. You need to run.

I saw his hand moved and he was going to touch me, when suddenly, his hand was cut and it fell on the ground. Black blood started spurting in my face.

He looked in front and his evil grin changed into a serious face.

I looked behind me and saw that it was D, the boney-guy. I quickly hid behind him and gripped his cloak.

Both of them are just staring from each other and no one dares to move. I felt the air got warmer and the wind blew harder. Then I heard the dogs awooed and the birds started flying away. The clouds started moving and dispersing, and the moon got darker.

What's happening? I feel like it's the end of the world. What are they thinking? Why are they just staring from each other? Are they talking through their minds?

Then I saw Luc's eyes moved and he looked at me, "Stop protecting her...and give her to me because she's... mine," he said.

D did not speak, he just stared at Luc.

His voice is really scary, the way he speaks makes my soul wanting to come out.

Then Luc smirked and he walked slowly and bent down to take his hand back that was on the ground. He took it and placed it back to his arm, it looks like nothing happened to his hand. It's back to normal, no wounds nor blood.

Then Luc started walking away slowly, we both watched him walk. Then the skies turned back to normal and the air became cold again.

I exhaled, "T-that was s-scary!" Then I sat down. I looked at D and he's looking at me, "T-thank you for saving me," I smiled.