Chapter 63: Meet the Leaders and Rulers

Aces

All of the squads are here, even the assassins' squads and all of the Arcane group. I can't believe they convinced them easily... meanwhile here I am, a failure.

"I-I'm sorry, c-captain... I tried b-but...," I said as I clinched my fist.

"Look at you, you're the one who asked for help yet you can't convince those creatures that have the same race as you. You're pathetic," Max insulted.

"I-I know," I whispered as I looked down.

"Max, learn to respect her because I am her captain," captain Luttrell said.

"Blah, blah, whatever," Max said.

"Yui, I know you did your best so it's okay if they rejected you. Trust me, we can all do this together," captain Luttrell smiled, the he lifted my chin. "Stop looking down. Have some confidence."

I smiled, "T-thank you, captain."

He smiled then he walked away and went in front, "All the Arcane group, please come here." Then there are six (6) people that walked towards him.

"I-it's Aurora," I whispered. Of course, she's one of the Arcane groups, her magic is Blood Curse, right? She controls the blood of her targets, and she can make their heart stop whenever she wants, and she can also control them.

"These are the members of the Arcane group, and they agreed on helping us on our mission. Please let us all do our best for our kingdom's peace," captain said.

"First, Zephyr Brevil, who uses Dark Magic; and Emilia Vex, who uses Light Magic. They are the mages of the Arcane group," captain said then Zephyr and Emilia saluted then they sat down on the royal chair.

"Second, we have the assassins of the Arcane group, Zen Rouge, who is a professional Katana user and also uses dark magic; and Caesar Darkmore, who uses a flail and axe, also he's a psychopath who enjoys killing everyone he hates and he moves very fast," captain explained. Yeah, he really looks like a psychopath... and what's behind that mask that's covering his mouth?

 and what's behind that mask that's covering his mouth?