Chapter 45: Acceptance

Back in the Beach

"What happened to the three of you?" Steve asked.

"Yui just defeated an enemy," Alyssa said.

"What? You fought an enemy and you did not call us?!" Steve said. Then they all looked at us.

"Yeah, i-it's Dwayne," I said.

"Dwayne? Who's that?" Steve said.

"Uhh... I encountered him yesterday, then he fought me earlier. He says he just want to avenge Jack, his brother, the one who trespassed in our palace," I explained.

"Tss, why did you not call us?" Yuno asked.

"I can handle it," I said.

Alyssa and Yva are not talking. They're just looking down and thinking of something.

"What happened to you two?" Ethan asked.

"H-huh? N-nothing! I just missed Yunooo~" Yva smiled awkwardly then she hugged Yuno's arm.

"I'm just... tired," Alyssa said then she walked away.

I fake smiled, "I think I'll have some rest too."

Then I followed Alyssa. I haven't thanked her yet for healing me earlier even though she's... mad at me? I don't know what she's feeling and thinking right now but I need to talk to her.

She entered our room, so I entered too then I locked it.

"A-alyssa, can we talk?" I asked.

"I'm tired, Yui. Maybe tomo--"

"No, please. Please," I said.

I squeezed my arm, "T-thank you for healing me earlier," I smiled.

She just nodded.

"A-and about earlier... I'm sorry if I scared you," I said as I looked down.

"Scared me? Yui, you did not scare me! You made me worried so much!" She shouted.

I looked at her, "W-worried? But--"

Then she hugged me tightly, "I was so worried! I didn't know what to do to bring your senses back that's why I slapped you so hard, and I-I'm sorry," she said.

"I was scared, I thought I'd lose you," I whispered then I hugged her back.

"Of course not! We will not leave you just because you love gore stuffs!" she joked.

Then she released herself from our hug and looked at me in the eyes, "I mean we will never leave you even if you become an elf, a dwarf, a mermaid, or even a demon. You know why demons are bad and loves to kill anyone? It's because no one loves them and just like you, they were also looking for someone who can accept their appearances and personalities," she smiled.

"Look at you, you keep on saying you're a demon yet you're helping us to kill the bad ones. The word demon is just a label, it doesn't define who you are. Have you seen a demon who loves helping people?" she asked.

"N-no--"

"YES! I have seen one and she's right here, in front of me. She has a beautiful heart and a motivated mind. She loves sacrificing herself just to save the people she loves. She were rejected and abandoned several times, she kept on looking for someone who will accept her... but hey, have you ever thought to accept yourself first? Don't tell me... even yourself rejected you, do you?"

My eyes widened, "I-I... I did not notice... I w-was rejecting myself--"

"Then I think I know now... I know what's the missing piece to your crazy puzzle," she chuckled.