Chapter 15: Yui's Recovery

Yuno's POV

We are still here in the king's palace and I'm currently watching Yui sleep after the healing doctors heal her.

(Healing doctors are known as the best doctors and best healing magic user in the kingdom, and they served the kingdom for years already)

She looks better now, her wounds are starting to close and her swollen face is gone. However, her clothes are still ripped off! Where the hell is her cape?

I took off my cloak and covered her body with it.

Yui, wake up already. I want to know what happened. Where did you go? Why did you not call me?

I put the black teddy bear beside her and sat next to her. I held her hand and kissed it gently.

"It's my fault I left you there alone. I'm sorry," I whispered.

Then I heard the door opened.

"YUNO! What happened?" Ethan asked.

"How did you--"

"The king sent us a message," Alyssa siad.

"What happened?" Steve asked then he suddenly grabbed my shirt and shouted, "I thought you're with her? Why did you let this happen? Can't you protect her? Huh, Yuno?" Steve said, angrily, "I can't believe you are this weak! She's suffering from pain and you? You're just acting worried and all, but the truth is you don't care about her! Right!? You don't care AT ALL!"

"SHUT UP!" I shouted then I punched his face, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED SO SHUT YOUR FCKIN MOUTH OR I'LL RIP THAT OFF!" I shouted.

I know, it's my fault.

"AND YOU THINK I'M SCARED? YOU COWARD!" He shouted then he punched my face too.

"STOP IT! STOP IT YOU TWO!" Alyssa said then she stopped Steve, and Ethan stopped me.

"Are you really aware of the situation right now? Are you really worried about her? She's having some rest, can you at least respect that?" Alyssa shouted.

"You all need to calm down. No one wanted this to happen," Ethan said, calmly.

I sighed and sat beside Yui. Steve also sat on the other side, next to her.

"The king told us that she suffered a lot and that she was brought here in the palace severely wounded. The king also told us that he found you screaming in anger at the center of the crowd and then he saw that Yui's covered with blood, black and red blood," Alyssa said, "Tell us, Yuno. What happened to her?" she asked.

"I don't know," I answered.

"It will be better if you help us, Yuno. What happened--" Ethan repeated.

"I SAID I DON'T KNOW!" I shouted. "I'm also worried, okay? I KNOW IT'S MY FAULT FOR LEAVING HER ON THAT BENCH, BUT I CAME BACK FOR HER THEN SHE WAS GONE!" I shouted.

I'm really really REALLY mad right now! I want to punch myself, I want to kill that monster who did this to her! I feel so uneasy, I want to do something. I want to go back in time and prevent this to happen.

I felt Alyssa patting my back, "Calm down, Yuno. We just want to know what happened because we were all worried. First, she was cursed by Malice, and then now, this!" she said.

I sighed.

"Nnghh..."

"Y-yui? Yui!" I said.

She's waking up.

We all stood up and waited Yui to open her eyes.

"Yui, wake up!" Steve said.

"Yui, we're here, don't worry," Alyssa said.