Chapter 3: The Riddler

Captain's Office

"There is a riddler found in Honeyclover Village and I want you to get rid of him," Captain Luttrell said.

"A riddler? Um, how is he dangerous? He just loves making riddles, right?" I asked.

"Uh-huh. How will you enjoy a riddle without anyone answering it?" The captain smiled.

"Does that mean--"

"Yes. He's slaughtering those poor people who can't answer his riddles. That's why I want you to kill him," Captain said.

"Yayyy! I'm so excited! I wonder if I can guess his riddles correctly," Alyssa giggled.

"I can do it alone," Yuno coldly said.

"Arrogant," I said.

"Tss. Can you fly?" He asked.

"Of course I can. I love flying!" I said.

The captain suddenly clapped his hands, "Alright, you can go now."

"Yes, sir!" We answered.

----------

Honeyclover Village

"Wow! This village is so beautiful! It's full of clovers. I wonder where the riddler is," I said.

"Can I take home some clovers?" Alyssa said.

"Noisy," Yuno complained.

"We should be alert, guys. The enemy might appear suddenly," Ethan said.

"You don't have to be so serious, four-eyes. You can still enjoy the environment while fighting the enemy," I said.

"Pffftt," Alyssa laughed.

"W-what did you call me? I have a higher ranking than you. You should learn to respect me--"

"My, my, your glasses are dirty," I said then I took off his eyeglasses and cleaned it. "There you go." Then I put his eyeglasses back.

"W-w-w-what a-are--"

I giggled and stared at the skies, "Honestly, this is the first time I felt comfortable in my squad, and this is the first time I acted like this," I looked at them, "I'm so happy I found my family."

"Stop being so sweet, Yui. I might cry," Alyssa cried.

"B-but you're already crying," I laughed.

Then she hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Are you having a reunion here, or what?" Someone asked.

We all looked at the guy who just spoke and he's wearing a green hat, a green cape, and a scarf.

I guess he's the enemy.

"Can I join your reunion, Yui Akumu?" The riddler asked.

My eyes widened, "H-how did you--"

"Oh my, you've forgotten me already?" Then he unbuttoned his suit and shirt.

"I'm not interested," I closed my eyes.

He chuckled, "Do you remember these scars? You're the one who made it, sweetie."

"