Chapter 51: Luc

We spent our time together playing and swimming since it's our last day here at the beach. We had a lot of fun and Felix and Yva never stopped arguing.

I held the blue stoned necklace, "When will I give this to you?" I whispered. I still haven't given this necklace to him yet, so I decided to wear it. I'm still mad at him, okay? So maybe I'll just give it to him tomorrow.

"Alright, I hope you all had fun and enjoyed our last day here. We can still visit here sometimes if you want," the captain announced. "I think we defeated the enemies already and this place is safe now."

"Are we going to leave now?" Alyssa asked.

The captain nodded, "Sadly, yes. We still need to go back to our kingdom, to our palace, and serve the king. We still need to protect our kingdom from other enemies."

The king? Huh! He's no king... I guess.

"Ice Bridge," then a long ice bridge appeared. "Let's go."

So, we started flying and followed the ice bridge's path.

I looked back and smiled, "Another memorable memory acquired."

-----

King's Palace

We are currently here at the king's palace to report to him about our mission at the beach.

We bowed down, "Good day, King Beleth. We have accomplished our mission at the beach and killed the enemies just like what you said," captain Luttrell said.

"Who are the enemies?" The king asked.

"Dwayne, who is an assassin, and Elisha, who is the leader of the pirates," captain answered.

"Very good. Another star for the Aces," the king smiled... but that smile annoys me.

Why does the king's aura annoys me so much? What's with him?

"I have a question," I said.

"Yui, stop it," Alyssa said. I looked at the captain and he just smiled at me.

"Sure, what is it?" the king asked.

"Why did you give us that mission? Why not give it to other squads? I mean, we are really grateful because you trust us so much you've given us such kind of mission, but I know that the other squads can do it too," I said.

"I have given the other squads a different mission, young lady. I've also sent them to other places just like I did to you," he said.

Oh, really? But why does it feels strange? Something is not right.

"My apologies, king Beleth, I was just curious. Thank you for your trust," I said then I bowed down.

He walked slowly towards me, "Curious? Why is that so?"

"Because... N-nothing. I was just curious, that's all," I lied.

"Oh... is that so?" he asked, I nodded.

Then he walked away and stopped in front of us.

"Today, I would like you to meet someone precious to me. You're lucky because you're the first one to meet him. I'm planning to introduce him to the people, but I decided to introduce him to you first," the king said.

Him? Who is it? Why am I having a bad feeling about this?

Then we heard someone entered the door, so we all looked at him and he looks so creepy. He wears a black suit and tie, his eyes are glowing, his facial expression looks so empty and creepy, he looks so neat and clean yet his whole appearance looks so dark.