Chapter 2: Aces

"Good day, Captain Luttrell," Yuno greeted.

"U-um, good day, sir. My name is Yui," I stuttered.

"I see you brought someone--"

"I offered her to join our squad. Will you accept her, captain?" Yuno, asked.

"U-um, It's okay if you don't want me...here. Since no one... wanted to accep--"

"What can you do? You're in the Kingdom of Mages, you should have at least powers. I don't sense any mana from you," the captain asked.

"Well, that's because I have no mana but I have powers. My main and basic power is this: Dark Spatial," I said then a big dark circle appeared in front of me.

"You can be teleported everywhere with this, it can also be used as a mirror wherein the magic will be reflected if it hits the center. It can also transform itself into several numbers. Dark Magic: Multiple Spatial," I said then several big dark circles appeared and were scattered everywhere in the air.

"U-um, that's it."

"Alright, Yuno, find her a room. There will be a mission tomorrow, you can go with Yuno if you want to," Captain Luttrell said.

My eyes widened, "Do you mean--"

"Yes. Dark Magic requires a lot of Mana and only few people can handle it, only the Arcane can use it. That's why I am surprised that you called such kind of magic as a 'basic' one, even if you have no Mana. From what Kingdom are you and why are you looking for a squad to join to?"

(Arcane means the highest level of mage that has incredible powers.)

"I'm sorry but I won't answer your questions but I'll tell you what my real mission is," I smiled. "I wanted to fight the demons and kill them, I wanted to protect this world. That's all."

"Demons? They're in Kingdom of Darkness--"

"Wrong. They live in hell, that is their true kingdom. Those demons who lives in Kingdom of Darkness are the ones who escaped hell," I explained.

The captain smiled. His blue long hair and black eyes are so beautiful.

"I see. You're intelligent as well. You can still learn your magic and discover your true powers if you train hard and fight more enemies. You can stay here as long as you want,"

"T-thank you so much!!" I cried, tears of joy.

----------

"I'll tour you around," Yuno said.

"I can't wait to meet everyone!" I said.

"This place is so big! Your hallway is so big! The garden is so big! Even the bathrooms are big! Is my bedroom big also?" I asked.

He did not answer.

"U-um--"

"This is the living room. That guy sleeping over there is Felix, he's the Vice Captain of Aces. His power is to Control things, let's say Telekinesis," he said.

"Aces?"

"That's the name of our squad."

"Ohh--"

"In this Kingdom, there are four squads: The Aces, The Legends, The Blossoms, and The Bulls."

"Then what are Arcane groups?"

"Arcane is not a squad or group. Arcane is consist of people who uses incredible powers like Dark Magic. Arcane is not just a group of high ranking mages, it also includes the assassins and witches that can use incredible magic, power, and strength."

"Ohhh, that's amazing! I was once in the group of Blades in the Kingdom of Assassins. I was always inside the Kingdom of Assassins and every year or two, the name of their squad changes, there are some instances that a new squad is added."

"That's true. Even here in the Kingdom of Mages, it also happens. Aces was once called The Elite, then later on became Aces." He explained.

"Next, this is the library. That guy with glasses is Ethan, his magic is steel or metal. That short-haired girl beside him is Alyssa, she's good at healing people." He said.

Then we went to Alyssa and Ethan.

"Hey, have you seen Steve?" Yuno asked.

"Hi, Yuno. Why are you looking for my brother?" Alyssa asked.

"We have a new member."

"Woah, really?" Then she ran to me and held my hands. "My name's Alyssa. If ever you have a wound or you're hurt, just let me know, okay? The only thing I can't heal is your feelings, sorry."

I giggled, "That's okay--"

"AND if you're looking for my brother, Steve, well I suggest you not to know him because ughhh, he's a playboy. Yuck."

"Hahaha, don't worry. I can handle it," I laughed.

"And Yuno is... well, he's a frank guy and is really cold, brrr. But hey, he's hot and handsome. Eeeeek," she whispered.

"By the way, what's your magic, Yuno?"

"Wind." He answered.

"Ohkaay?"

"I told you," Alyssa whispered.

"Ahh ha-ha-ha. So, what's Steve magic?"

"Fire. Steve's pretty skilled with his Fire magic and he's using that to attract ladies. Jeez," Alyssa said.

"Captain said there will be a mission tomorrow." Yuno said.

"Yay! I'm so excited! New adventure!" Alyssa said.

"My name's Yui."

"Nice to meet you, Yui. Welcome to the Family," she smiled.

I smiled back.

Finally, I found my family.

I hope.

Meanwhile in the Kingdom of Darkness

"Yui Akumu."

"I can't wait to kill you...

You demon."

------

Picture/Art above not mine. Credits(Image): Pinterest