chase.

this is kinda short but it's been in my drafts for weeks and idk what else to do with it.

enjoy?

---

It was cold. So cold. But, as her feet burned against the pavement, she knew it'd be worth the run.

Her chest was tight and her lungs burned while she ran, her dress barely doing her any good other than allowing her legs more room to sprint.

It hurt.

Almost there.

I can see houses from here.

Sometimes she wondered why she got herself in a situation like this, but as she heard an engine revving, she stopped questioning everything.

Run. RUN. DON'T STOP FOR ANYTHING.

There was nothing else she could do. Screaming wouldn't assist her until she made it to town. Running across a parking lot of a closed store, Amy contemplated her chances of survival if she went there.

Slim to none. They were closed.

She didn't even slow down, Amy kept running. Barefoot and with nothing covering up her arms, Amy knew this was going to end in her getting sick. Or dying. She wasn't sure yet.

Amy knew she couldn't run much longer. She'd collapse soon. Her legs were going numb and she couldn't feel the pavement below her. She couldn't see very well and her entire body wanted to collapse.

Houses. In town. Run. RUN.

Time was not on her side, unfortunately. While Amy forced herself to keep running, the sun had began to set, her eyesight was failing her and she feared the worst could happen if she loses sight of where she is. How else will she know where to go?

She was almost there, hearing the car speed up scared Amy. She cut through someone's yard to avoid the car being able to follow her and she watched the car take a different street.

Amy ran through some trees, some branches cutting her arms and her feet bruising from how long she had been running. By now, she wasn't sure how far she had ran, but she was quite sure it was a long distance. Didn't this chase start from the woods?

The female gasped, her throat dry and her cheeks stained with tears. She recognizes the area.. Wait..

Mark's house. Where is he.

As Amy finally stumbled into a familiar backyard, she quickly threw herself up the steps and slammed her bleeding hands against the door. How she managed to find his house amazed her, but she didn't have enough time to think about it. Amy was in so much pain and needed help.

Then, she heard barking.

Chica! Chica, please wake him up. I need help.

More barking. Amy banged on the door again until finally, she heard it unlock and bursted into tears upon seeing Mark. The male gasped, opening the door as Amy stumbled in and he shut the door. She quickly fell in his arms and Mark gently held her, frowning.

"Amy, oh my god, you've been missing for weeks! What happened to you?!"

"He.. he.. chased.. me. He was.. going to.. run.. me over.." Her chest was burning so bad it hurt to speak. Amy was panting heavily as she leaned into Marks touch. "You need to.. call the.. police.. he's.. looking for.. me.."

Mark nodded quickly, pulling his phone from his pocket.

"Amy, what did he do to you?"

She sobbed at the thought, her hands gripping Marks shirt as she clung to him. "He.. b-beat me.. and.. tied me.. up.. and made.. m-me--"

"Stop. You don't have to tell me anymore."

Keeping his grip on Amy tight, he led her to the couch and let her lay down beside him while he dialed 911, asking Amy about the man, what he drove and where he lived. Amy gave Mark what she could and he hung up.

"It's okay, Amy. You're okay."

...

Amy woke up on a soft bed, her body aching from earlier and her head slightly hurting. She groaned and opened her eyes, her attention shifting to the TV as the news came on.

It was at a comforting volume and Amy watched it as Mark walked in.

"Good morning, Los Angeles. Last night Amy Nelson, a woman who had been missing for almost a month had been spotted being chased by someone driving their car.

She was then rescued by Mark Fischbach. He claims she had managed to find his house and catch his attention by banging on the door. He has since been taking care of Amy. Amy Nelson is now safe and sound.

In other news, her kidnapper has been apprehended and will face multiple charges. Again, the search is over, Amy is home. Thank you for your help and I will continue to bring you updates. I'm Monica Pierce, Channel 6 news."

Amy lifted her head as Mark turned the TV off. "Did you sleep well? I let you sleep in my bed."

She felt her face flush at that, but managed to nod in response. ".. Yes. Thank you."

Amy actually did owe Mark a lot. He saved her from possibly dying. What she did last night was risky, but worth it and now she was at the safest place she could ever be. Mark smiled and slowly sat down in front of her.

"I'm just glad you're safe now, Ames."

"...Me too, Marki."