(bad) memories.

i've kept half of this bottled up since 2018. please excuse me as i vent. ill upload a real chapter sometime soon.

tw: death, underage drinking and sexual harassment/assault

--

2018
I have participated in underage drinking once or twice, both under supervision of my mother at the time.

My friend and I were mostly goofing around. I was not as sober as they were. Granted I do not remember much from then.

I don't remember a thing from the first time I got drunk, other than walking to the store with the same friend aforementioned to get something to eat.

Though, the second time sticks out to me more.

Due to the fact that I was taken advantage of.

--

2020
There were so many questions running through my head the day it all happened.

What happened? How did this happen? Why hadn't you noticed sooner?! This is all YOUR fau—

It was almost too much to take in at once. Finding her cold, limp body and realizing she wouldn't wake up. Screaming, crying, calling the cops and yelling that she was dead.

"You do know.. she's dead, right?" One of the paramedics asked me.

She couldn't be. No. That's not how this was supposed to go. She was supposed to make it until I turned eighteen. She promised—

My sister called me soon after, bawling her eyes out.

For the first time in 6 years, I called my father.

--

2020
This is not how it was supposed to go.

I always grew up thinking everything happened for a reason. That everything had a reason and would lead to an eventual, positive outcome.

But there.. was no reason for this.

It wasn't long after my mother passed that my sister followed behind her— but hers was unexpected- sudden, out of the blue.

It wasn't supposed to be happen. She was going to the store and she took a sharp turn on the way home. She couldn't see from the sun and there was a truck she just missed.

--

2021

I am the only one left.

It is just me.

My father has proven to me that as all this tragedy has occurred, it can get worse.

I've experienced things I feel as though people would not believe me if I told them. It makes me tear up thinking about it.

I do not belong to me.
I never did.
For 18 years I've been nothing but a toy set out on display for their entertainment.

My body is not my own.

--

2021

"Please?"
No.
"Please?"
No.
"Please?"
No.
"Please?"
No.

No.

I said no.

--

2021

I never want to be alone with you ever again.