early day.

a rewrite of a chapter on my other account. i'm not stealin my own ideas now. don't kill me. i just really wanted to rewrite it to give both perspectives of amy and mark.

no warnings ; 1546 words.

--

Today was an early day for Amy Nelson and for good reason. Today was the day she was anticipating— and dreading. Interview day. She had gone to bed extra early to make sure she'd be well rested and went over everything she was going to say during the interview more than once.

To say she was anxious was an understatement.

Amy slammed her hand down on her alarm and quickly sat up, catching sight of the dress she had picked out last night.

A black dress that fit just right to hug your body and show off only what you'd want others to see. Amy wasn't one to wear dresses like that, but she felt like she needed to impress this man anyway she could. That didn't just mean her talking about how she thinks she could help the industry.

Shaking her head, the brunette stood up and began to get ready.

--

Ding!

The elevator door opened smoothly, the male inside of it quickly stepping out and taking swift steps down the hallway towards his office.

He reached his office door and went to unlock it until his phone rang. Holding in the urge to sigh, the male pulled his phone from his pocket and released a relieved sigh when he recognized the contact.

"Mr. McLoughlin."

The male on the other end of the phone laughed, his heavy irish accent coming through as he spoke. "Mr. Fischbach, your ten o'clock is here. Are you ready?"

Mark groaned internally, his eyes closing as he rubbed his temples with his free hand. He had completely forgotten about the interview. His pounding headache tempted him to reschedule it, but he realized how early it was and didn't want to disappoint whoever he was interviewing today.

He opened his office door, his lips slowly parting, "Yes, send them up."

"Will do, Mark."

Mark's office was a lot bigger than the offices below him. The building was forty stories high and his office was at the top. Said office was quite cozy, though.

Each wall was covered in paintings and certificates. There was a couch pressed up against one wall with a large painting of an elderly man hanging above it with the words 'You're going to do great things' written below it. The back wall behind Mark's desk was just three long windows that showed off the skyline and while it was a pretty sight, his fear of heights made it less appealing.

Mark paused as he grabbed a file from his desk, hearing the light sound of knocking on the other side of the door. He quickly walked behind his desk and stood by his chair before speaking up.

"Come in."

The door slowly opened and in walked his ten o'clock interview. The file Mark had in hand was flipped open in one hand, holding it close as he watched her walk in.