lips of an angel

some of marks dialogue is from the song. idk if you should listen to it tho bc it makes me heckin sad. + im currently in a situation kinda like this lol wow

---

"Honey, why are you calling me?"

The words were quiet and gentle, as if they were a mere whisper. It was strained and the voice seemed worried. The caller stifled sobs, finding it hard to find words, but the receiver spoke up.

"I gotta whisper, but are you okay? Were you crying, Amy?"

She nodded, but soon realized he couldn't see her, and she let out a choked sob, before forcing herself to speak, "I-I was— M-Mark I- I miss you.."

He sighed.
He missed her, too.

"Amy, does he know you're talking to me? Will it start a fight?"

Amy mumbled out a quiet 'no', wiping her red eyes with the sleeve of her sweater.

"Well, my girl's in the next room and.. sometimes I wish she was you.." Mark mumbled, staring down at his hand on his desk. He was in his recording room. "I guess we never really moved on.."

"M-Mark.."

"You know, it's really good to hear your voice, saying my name, it sounds so sweet."

Amy felt her cheeks heat up and for the first time in weeks, a smile tugged at her lips before realization dawned upon her again and her smile faltered.

"It's funny that you're calling me tonight, and yes, I've dreamt of you, too. I can't lie, it feels weird not having you pop into my room during recordings.." She heard him sigh, "Chica misses you, she fucking hates Jessica.."

Amy snorted at the thought of Jessica being chased by an enraged Chica. Mark felt himself smile. That was something he missed, seeing Amy happy.

"MARK!" Amy even flinched. That was Jessica.

"Shit, I have to go. Look, she works tomorrow, I'll call you when she leaves, okay?" Mark reassured Amy quickly, standing up from his computer chair and pushing it in.

"O-Okay— Mark, I-I love you—"

"I love you, too."—He said that so quiet she could barely hear him.

"Goodnight."

Those were the last words she heard from Mark.

Amy set her phone down and continued sobbing, the dry tear stains on her cheeks being replaced with fresh and new ones until her phone lit up with a text message.

markimoo 💜
jessica knew i was talking to you. she couldn't hear me, thank god, but she's mad. don't worry. i'll deal with her. sweet dreams, okay? ❤

For the first time in a month, Amy went to sleep with a smile on her face.