surprise, baby!

The day usually started out as any other as per usual, however this morning was a bit different because Mark decided to wake up extra early and get ahead on recording videos to spend time with Amy, because he knew he always focused on work a lot and he decided that spending some time alone with Amy would also help with his stress, which, Amy knew nothing about, if she did, she'd be making sure he took a day off to just relax, but Mark was able to hide it well and pulled it off till now. 

It was currently around 10am, Mark had been up since 6, he knew he'd be tired but really, all he needed was some coffee and he'd be fine, and soon enough, Mark was editing the videos he had recorded, quite quickly to hopefully finish before Amy woke up, not wanting her to know he also got up early to record. Mark smiled to himself, thinking of things to do in his free time with Amy. Mark froze when he heard the doorbell, quite confused someone would be at the door this early.

As he got up from his chair in his recording room,  he saw Amy walk by the room, probably to go answer the door, Mark quickly followed behind her as she reached the front door, looking through peephole, Amy tilted her head in confusion as she opened the door, there was no one there, "Teenagers and their games?" Mark asked as he made his way over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder softly, as Amy nodded slowly a small whine rang through their ears, causing Amy to immediately look down, Mark following suit.

Right on the door step, a few feet away from them was a small basket with a baby in it, a blue blanket loosely placed over it, a small note was also attached to the blanket, Amy gasped, immediately picking it up and taking it in the house and laying the basket on the table in front of the couch, Mark shut the door and quickly made his way over to the couch to look at the baby as Amy sat down, "Read the note." Mark looked at Amy, soon glancing back over to the note to slowly grab it, careful not to wake the sleeping baby, the hand writing was a bit sloppy, assuming the person who wrote it rushed, Mark slowly read it,

"Dear owners of the household, I know this is a lot to take in and just see a random baby on your doorstep, and I want to apologize, I can not take care of my baby properly in my current condition, I can barely provide for myself, let alone a baby, so please, promise you'll take good care of him, better than I ever would. I've chosen you two to take care of my dear son because I've seen how well you both work together and you aren't a toxic couple, I know you will do great, thank you so much. Signed, the mother. P.S. His name is Timothy."

Mark slowly set the note down, watching as Amy slowly picked Timothy out of the basket, "Well, it certainly is a lot to take in, but I think we can do it. What do you think, Mark?" Amy asked softly as Mark's eyes gazed over to the baby as his eyes opened to stare right back at Mark.

Chocolate brown eyes. Mark smiled softly,

"Of course."