a daughter.

Amy smiled softly as she parked the car in a school parking lot, the small 4 year old in the back seat was bouncing in place, seeming excited for her first day, which, surprised Amy, but she wasn't going to complain.

Amy unbuckled herself and grabbed her bag from the passenger seat, getting out, as she opened the door to the side the small child was on, helping her out.

"Come on, mom!! Mr. Fischbach said I can't be late on the first day! He said that at open house, remember?" The child reminded Amy, bouncing up and down once again as she closed the doors and locked the car, "Sweetie, we're early, I work here. Come on, I'll get you some breakfast from the break room, okay?" The small child squealed as they began the small walk up to the front of the building that was an Elementary School for grades Pre-K to 4th.

Amy was dressed in an all white suit, high heels that were white as a sheet to match, and her hair in a bun, Amy was a 3rd grade teacher, and she liked her job, nonetheless.

As they reached the front door, Amy carefully opened it, "Just follow me." She said as she walked to a flight of stairs and slowly made her way up them, Amy giggled as she saw her daughter bounce up the steps, "Samantha, honey, be careful." Amy warned her as they made it up the stairs and walked down a hallway.

Soon, Amy stopped at a door and unlocked it, turning on the lights.

"Whoa! The room is so big! Ya' know, Mr. Fischbach's room has a bathroom!" Samantha giggled as she crawled onto a chair. "I do, because every classroom downstairs does." Amy said as she set her bag down in the chair behind her desk, "Can we go say hi to Mr. Fischbach before we grab breakfast, mom?"

"If he's in his room, sweetie." Samantha immediately jumped up, squealing as Amy giggled, grabbing her keys, "Come on, dear." She grabbed the child's hand and they walked down the stairs, "You remember where his room is, sweetie?"

"Mhm!! Follow meeee!" Samantha dragged out her words as she bolted down the hall, giggling, "Samantha Nelson! No running, you know that!" Amy shouted as she followed behind the child as fast as she could, some times wearing high heels wasn't always a good thing.

Amy slowly stopped as Samantha stopped in front of a door, the small child stood on her tip-toes, knocking on the door, "Are you in there, Mr. Fischbach?" Soon enough, the door opened and Amy froze.

Mr. Fischbach was dressed in a tuxedo without the vest on, and his tie was slowly falling off, he seemed to have been trying to tame his mess of a hair, but failed and he adjusted the glasses that rested on the bridge of his nose, he smiled.

"Ah, Samantha, welcome, I see you're early today."

"Mhm! Mommy works here, too! I was stopping by to say hi before we got breakfast!" Samantha explained as Amy giggled softly to herself, "Yeah, she was so excited, and she just wanted to say hi." Mr. Fischbach slowly glanced up at Amy, his smile only growing wider, "Ah, yes, uh.. we met at open house, ..Ms. Nelson?"

"Miss Nelson, I'm not married." Amy quickly corrected, sweating slightly, she fanned herself, "Oh, my mistake. Well, good morning to you both. Samantha, do you want to just drop your bag off here and then go eat so you don't have to carry it around?"

"Please!" Samantha exclaimed as she took off her backpack and hopped into the room, setting it down by a desk, "I'll be sure to look after it."

"Thank you, Mr. Fischbach." Amy said as Samantha just ended up playing with some toys in the room, the child focused on building blocks now. "Oh, uh, Mark is just fine... I mean-- my name is Mark-" Mark coughed, sighing as he rubbed the back of his neck. "My names Amy." Amy just smiled at Mark, giggling again, "Come on, Samantha! You'll be here all day today, you can play later, you need to eat!"

"Comin' mommy!" Samantha bounced out the room waving at Mark as they left to get some breakfast.

...

"Okay, class, what have we learned so far?" Mark smiled as he asked the small group of 4 year olds that were all so into what they were doing. "Yes, Sam!" He pointed towards her, her hand held high, "Yes!" She exclaimed as she jumped up from her desk, "What did we learn?"

"We learned about how to walk in a single file line! And that was shouldn't push or shove people, because we treat others how we want to be treated!" Samantha explained, squealing as she did, Mark held his hand out to her as she gave him a high-- .. low five?

"Good job, since you answered, you know what you get?" Mark smiled as Samantha bounced up and down, "Candy!" He chuckled as he pulled a small bucket off of a table behind him, "Two pieces, since you've been so good. Everyone else line up to get your own piece!"

...

"And that's--"

"Five!"

"Good job, Cody." Amy smiled as she wrote it on the board, next to the problem on said board as well, however, soon, the bell rung.

"There it is. Well, its the first day of school, I don't feel like having to grade papers already, so, no homework this week, but next week, expect homework first thing come Monday." Amy explained as she finally dismissed the class and began to pack up her own stuff.

As she made sure she had everything she needed, she walked out the room and shut the door, slowly making her way downstairs and to Mark's room. As she got to the door, she froze when hearing Samantha, "Mr. Fischbach, do you like my mommy?"

"Do I what-? Samantha Nelson, what on earth are you talking about?" Amy covered her mouth.

"You know what I'm talkin' 'bout!" Samantha had her hands on her hips, smirking. "I know you like my mommy, but, that's okay, from what I've heard, I think she likes you, too." Amy's eyes widened as she held her breath, what else would the child confess for Amy--?

"And, she even said she thought you were--"

"Samantha! Let's go!"

Mark looked up at Amy who had tried to make it seem like she hadn't heard their conversation, but she may have failed a little. "Mommy, I was just telling Mr. Fischbach--"

"Yes, sweetie, come on now, uh.. mommy has.. papers to grade." And she lied, yes, because wanted to just get home and sleep, Samantha pouted as Mark shook his head, walking over to his desk, grabbing a pen and a sticky note, Mark started to write something down. Amy was walking out the door as Mark handed it to Samantha, "Give it to your mommy, okay?" The child squealed as she bounced out the room, "Mommy! A letter from Mr. Fischbach!" The small girl said excitedly as Amy stopped to take the sticky note and read what was plastered on it in red ink.

"***-***-*** call me, maybe we can talk over a coffee.

p.s: your daughter is going to be an excellent student

-mark ♡"