fire.

"I'm going to work, babe!" Mark called from the front door as Amy jogged down the stairs, immediately wrapping her arms around him, "Duty calls..?" Mark nodded, watching as Amy fixed his hat, "Save some lives and put out some fires, bab."

"Of course." Mark kissed her forehead, "Bye!"

and he slipped out the door, smiling.

-

Amy hummed to music as she fixed herself lunch, the fireplace going, she smiled widely, "Love your baby girl~" She giggled, and spun around knocking the pan off the stove, the burner catching fire.

"Shit--!!" She couldn't turn the burner off since the fire was too high, soon the whole stove caught fire and she ran to the fireplace, putting it out, the smoke alarm went off.

Smoke rose and she started coughing, she immediately pulled out her phone,

"911 what's your emergency?"

"H-Help!" Amy gasped, "The fire is getting.." She coughed, "bigger!"

"Ma'am? What's your address?"

"**** 5th st-street-!" Amy gasped again, falling over.

"Ma'am! ...Ma'am..?"

-

Mark and a his co-worker, Bob were riding around, as the radio went off.

"Men, we have a blazing fire at **** on 5th street, please report immediately! It's bound to catch another on fire! all men report!"

Bob stared at Mark, "...Isn't that..--"

"HANG ON TO YOUR SEAT!" Mark turned the sirens on and sped down the street, nearly turning the truck over as he took a curb.

Mark soon hit the breaks at the sight of the house, immediately getting out and dashing to the yard, "AMY!!" He yelled, as he ran to the door,

"MARK FISCHBACH, WHAT ARE YOU--"

"IT'S MY WIFE!" Mark ran inside, seeing the fire all around him, "AMY!! AMY PLEASE!!" He saw that the fireplace was out, starting to panic even more, he ran over to the couch and found her phone, "Baby girl please..."

Mark then looked up and around again, dodging fire and coughing slightly, soon he ran to the stairs and up them, "Please don't be up here!!"

Mark stopped immediately in his tracks as he saw what he didn't want too. There on the floor in the middle of the hallway was Amy, looking lifeless.

"No... NO!" A piece of wood fell, almost hiting him, "Fuck-!" He ducked down and scooped her up in his arms, immediately carrying her out, a crowd had formed and he took notice when he heard cheering.

"Wade!"

Wade was a paramedic, a pretty skilled one too, as Mark yelled his name he immediately took Amy inside the back of the ambulance, taking off.

Mark watched it drive off.

-

The fire had been put out.

Everything had calmed down, except for Mark, he was at the hospital, in his work uniform still, pacing back and forth.

Though he soon came to an abrupt stop as he saw a woman walk toward him, holding a clipboard.

"Mr. Fischbach?"

Mark nodded, looking at her, hope filling his eyes.

"Mr. Fischbach, we've done everything we could, and," The woman paused, "She's gonna be fine, but, she's asleep at the moment."

Mark immediately burst into tears, "Thank you..!!"

"Don't thank me, it isn't needed. Would you like to see her?" She asked as Mark nodded rapidly, she smiled softly as she led him to her room. "Be careful, if she does wake, she'll be very weak." She said as she left Mark with her.

Mark looked over at Amy, seeing all the tubes and wires on her hurt him,  but it was to help her, so he put on a pained smile, walking over to her side, "Hey baby girl, I hope you're doing good. I'm..so sorry this happened.. I wasn't expecting this.."

Amy shifted as Mark grabbed her hand, "Just know.. I love you, and I'll be here when you wake up. I won't leave your side.."

Amy groaned, her eyes slowly opening, "B-..bab..?" She wheezed, "A-Amy! Babe, shh, don't speak.."

"Bab.. i.. love you, too." She smiled softly, coughing. Mark leaned down and kissed her forehead, "Save your energy, babe..

save your energy."

-

;) did u enjoy