fearless.

based off the song: Fearless by Taylor Swift

---

I twirl around once, twice, maybe a third, admiring how the dress lifts up as I do. I smiled at myself in the mirror, gasping as I see Mark, my boyfriend, behind me, soon snaking his arms around my waist and laying his head on my shoulder, "You look beautiful, babe~" He whispered in my ear, making me shudder just a bit as he kissed the back of my neck and let go. "How about, since you're so well dressed, we go somewhere."

"Where?" I managed to speak up and respond, "Somewhere, I think I know a spot, come on dear." I tried to pull my arm from his strong grip, but to no avail, he stopped and looked at me, but didn't let go, "What, princess?" My face flushed at the nickname and I pointed at my feet, "I need shoes." Mark shook his head, "You won't need them, besides," without a word, he picked me up bridal style and nuzzled my nose with his, causing me to giggle, "I can just carry you." I sighed as he walked down the stairs, me in his arms.

...

As Mark pulled out the driveway and went down the back road to our house, turning his head to me with a smile, he ran his hands through his hair and winked before looking back at the road. I bit my bottom lip and smiled back the best I could. He loved making me flustered.

I sighed softly as I looked out the window towards the sky and frowned, I could see dark clouds forming and suddenly my stomach dropped. I hate storms.. As if Mark knew something was wrong, I felt his strong, yet gentle hand land on my thigh, rubbing his thumb there in circles, keeping his eyes on the road as he turned. "If it happens to storm, I'll protect you, baby girl." I blushed again, squirming a bit in my seat, he was too much to handle at times.

The fact that he takes his time with me is amazing, he knows I'm not ready and he's appreciative of that, he takes things slow and takes it a step at a time. I smiled softly as I slowly set my hand down upon his own, feeling the coldness of his hand, I rubbed his hand.

"Thanks, bab."

....

As we pulled into an empty parking lot, I immediately got out, hearing Mark following suit, I gasped as I slowly set my bare feet onto the concrete, "Oh my gosh, the old abandoned store.. I remember when this store was open." I saw Mark walk around the front of the car as he took my hands into his own, I stared up at him as he spun me around, I giggled, spinning until he caught me, he took a bow, still holding my hands as I raised my eyebrow in confusion, he followed with a question, "May I have this dance?" I giggled again, "There's no music."
"That can be arranaged."

Mark stood up straight and walked to my side of the car, starting it and turning the radio on.

There's something 'bout the way, the street looks when it's just rain.. there's a glow off the pavement.
You walk me to the car and you know I wanna ask you to dance right there, in the middle of the parking lot, yeah.

"My Taylor Swift CD?"

"Why not?" He smirked at me, his hand outstretched towards me, "Now, may I have this dance?" I giggled again as I pinched the edge of my dress, lifting it as I took his hand, "Of course you may." As I took his hand, Mark pulled me towards him, swaying us from side to side for a few seconds as he spun me around again.

Cause I don't know how it gets better than this, you take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.

Mark smirked as I caught a glimpse of him when he spun me around one more time, eventually, as I guessed, those dark clouds rolled in and rain started drizzling down, but with Mark by my side, I couldn't be scared. I smiled as caught me and made me look up at him.

My hands shake,
I'm not usually this way.
But you pull me in and I'm a little more brave.
It's the first kiss,
It's flawless,
Really something,
It's fearless.

Sure, I was shaking when those lyrics played but he took it slow, he didn't rush, he put his index finger under my chin and soon enough, I had wrapped my arms around his neck, but before he closed the gap, he looked me directly in my eyes, whispering, "Are you sure?" I immediately nodded and he kissed me, at first, I didn't know what to really do, but I couldn't just stand there, so I let myself melt into it, I pulled him closer.

Our first kiss, fearless.

This is what I meant with taking it slow.