Iced Dark Roast

some au where ur soulmates first words to u appear on ur wrist or some shit i dont remember and dont kill me, i mean, hey, its fluff :D  

------------------------------

She ran, her boots smacking against the sidewalk, hitting small puddles of water as rain fell heavily with no signs of stopping. It was late, but she knew one small coffee place was still open, it was always so calm at night, and she decided to walk tonight, and she shouldn't have.

Amy finally reached the small coffee shop and walked in, wiping her boots on the mat to try and dry the bottoms of them enough, soon she sat down, grabbing a menu, she skimmed through it, not really seeing anything new, she set it down.

Soon, a man with black messy hair walked over to her, holding a pad and pen to take her order, "Pretty rainy out there. So, what can I get you?"

Amy tapped her chin, thinking, what should she get? There was many things to choose from.. she decided to go with her usual, "Iced dark roast, cream, no sugar." The male smiled slightly and nodded, walking off. 

She watched the man, soon drifting off in a daydream.

Amy spun around on the floor, some girls following her lead, music blasting from the speakers, the male, that she still didn't know his name, was making his way over to her, taking her hand, smiling at her as he spun her around.

"Hey, my names Mark." Amy just stared at him, smiling dreamily, until everything popped back into place when he snapped his fingers in front of her face.

"Hey, you okay?" Amy blinked, coughing awkwardly, she shook her head, "I-I'm fine! What did you say?" She tilted her head at him, waiting for him to repeat what he said, hating herself for letting herself fall into a daydream of a man she barely fucking knew.

"I said, my names Mark. Your drink will be ready in a few, I just thought, maybe we could talk, ya' know?" Amy could feel the awkward tension rising, she had to keep the conversation going, "Well, my names Amy, I am a reptilian graphic designer."

Mark kinda caught on to what she was doing, he smiled, nodding, "Again, I'm Mark, I'm actually a YouTuber, I was filling in for a friend today, so don't expect me to be here unless I'm getting coffee or something."

Amy smiled softly, he put his job on hold to help a friend, that's sweet. "Wow, so you just dropped everything and filled in for them?"

"Pretty much, I don't mind though, my fans were okay with it." Amy couldn't help but giggle, he says that as if he had to ask them first, Mark could do what he wanted, he didn't need to ask his fans whether or not he could help a friend or not.

"Mark! Stop socializing with my costumers, you're here to fill in for Sean, not make friends!" Mark chuckled at that, standing up, "Your order is ready anyway." Amy felt her cheeks begin to heat up, "I-It was nice talking to you, Mark!" Amy said as he walked behind the counter and grabbed the cup from the window behind him, he smiled at the man behind it and nodded, sliding Amy her cup, "Maybe I could get your number?" Amy looked at him, smiling, she nodded, "Sure, but I don't have paper on me."

"I do." Mark took the pad from his pocket and slid it to her as she pulled out a pen that wrote in purple, she flipped to a fresh page and wrote, '***-***-****, shoot me a text before calling, goofball -peebs<3'. She slid it back to him, "Peebs?" He questioned, looking at her, "It's what my friends call me, actually, they call me Peebles, but others call me Peebs."

"Can I just keep calling you Amy?" Mark asked as he ripped the paper out the pad and stuck it in his pocket, "Sure." Amy watched as he nodded at her and walked away. 

The rain seemed to have died down, and since it was late, and slowly stood up, taking a sip of her drink, she walked out the door, the rain just a drizzle now, she made her way home, walking, her legs still kinda sore from running down to the coffee shop, she sighed. "He's a YouTuber, I don't get why he'd want my number.." Amy shrugged.

-

After finally reaching her apartment, she put her jacket on the rack by the door, and went to set her coffee on the table, but she froze when she saw something on her wrist, slowly looking at it, in black cursive ink were the words, 

'Pretty rainy out there..'

-

Mark opened the door to his house, flinching when he heard his dog, Chica, bark, "It's just me, girl!" Mark said, throwing his jacket on the couch, kicking his shoes off, he unbuttoned his shirt, flinging it off, he was sweating, pretty much, he was on his feet all day. 

Mark took his belt off, throwing it on the couch,  Chica barked again, nudging his wrist, "What? What is it?" He turned his attention to his wrist, freezing in place, on his wrist, in purple cursive ink were the words,

'Iced dark roast, cream, no sugar.'