escape

Tap, tap, tap, tap....

She was intimidating, high heel clicking against the floor as she stood straight, arms crossed over her chest while she stared at him. He was terrified, his heart beating out of his chest and his entire face covered in sweat. Despite how the encounter lacked many exchanged words, both of them knew what was wrong.

Who did this man think he was to treat her like she was just some toy? She didn't think too highly of herself, but she knew her worth and this wasn't it.

"Amy, I can expla--" SLAP!

She wasn't going to let him have the chance to even try. The more he talked, the more she fell for those stupid lies. That he'll change and that he's different. He's not! He's still the same. Stand your ground, Amy remembered what Mark told her.

"I don't believe you for one single second!"

Let him know he can't throw you around anymore.

"Don't act like you're not so predictable, William! This is the third and final time! I'm done."

As he heard those words, his terrified expression dropped to one of absolute anger. And Amy froze, but kept her guard up. Was he.. faking that? Was he acting scared so Amy would think she had the upper hand? Is that possible?! How does he ALWAYS win? Amy began to sweat as William crossed his arms over his chest just as she did, although he towered over the poor girl.

"You can't be done, Amy. That's not how this works. You and I are made for each other, you can't change that."

Stay strong, girl. I'll help you, too!

Don't let him get to you.

Fight back.

Mark's encouraging words meant nothing now. He wasn't there to help her and she was terrified now. A hand grabbed her shoulder tightly and she released a quiet noise of discomfort.

"See? You're still just a scared little girl.."

Hold on to hope!

Amy gritted her teeth and clenched her fists, William's grip only tightening as he stared down at her. "What happened to that cocky attitude, baby girl? Mm, I guess without him around, you're too scared." Amy wanted to yell at him, but refrained from doing so. She'd just be giving William what he wants if she argued back.

Mark, I can't do it. I know I promised I could be strong.. but I can't.

Amy had accepted her defeat with open arms. She was ready to handle anything William had for her. Until she couldn't take it and he'd inevitably get tired of her. After all, he was using her. He grinned wickedly and trailed his hand down to grip her wrist. She could feel the bruise forming on her shoulder.

Closing her eyes, Amy sighed and felt William tug her wrist, but as she took a step forward, she heard a loud slam and her wrist was no longer being held. Gasping, she opened her eyes to see-- Mark?! Where did he come from?!

He was panting, his hair was a mess and he looked rough. Amy stared at William while he rubbed his cheek and stood up, staring at Mark. "I stand corrected; look who came to save the day."

"Get away from her!"

Amy stepped back and saw the front door had been kicked in- how did they not notice that? Or was that the slam she heard? Holy crap. Still scared, the brunette stayed behind Mark as the two males stared each other down.

"Aw, why so protective? It's not like you two are a thing."

Mark tensed, his fists clenched and ready for a fight, but when Amy lightly placed a hand on his shoulder, he shifted his attention to her and saw her pleading eyes. She didn't want them to fight. It wouldn't end well. And they both knew it.

William laughed and began walking forward, but Mark immediately grabbed Amy's hand and pushed her out the door first before following behind her. She saw Mark's car and her face lit up. Finally.

A little hope was all it took. Is it finally over? Can she breathe, now?

Mark had ushered Amy to his car and flipped William off as he got in. William stopped by the doorframe and narrowed his eyes. Who was Mark to take what belonged to him? Amy belonged to William. Didn't she?

As Mark's car sped off, William saw a ring be tossed out the window of the car.

...

Amy rolled the car window up and sat back, her dress shoes thrown in the back seat and her dress slightly dirty. She didn't care. She was safe.

"I can't believe I almost married that guy."

"Me too."

Amy snorted and punched Mark's shoulder, her expression slowly faltering. "How.. did you show up like that? It was so fast and sudden--"

"Felix told me everything. He overheard William at a club last night. Said that William planned on using you till your bank account was dry, then he was going to kidnap you, apparently. Keep you for his.. personal pleasure. And I couldn't let that happen."

Amy gulped at the thought, but was thankful that she had friends she could trust to help her get out of a situation like that. She glanced over at Mark briefly while he drove. Maybe she could move on from this...

...with help, of course.

"Thank you, Mark."

"It's no problem, Amy. I'll protect you with my life."

And she believed him. Mark was the only person she believed. Amy's not sure what the future holds, but as long as Mark's involved, she doesn't care.

...

----

uh. how do u write stories, again

-izzy 💕