waffles for dinner.

Mark groaned, leaning back in the chair in his recording room, pausing the YouTube video he was watching before calling out,

"Babe!"

No answer.

"Baby!"

Still no answer. He sighed,

"Baby girl!"

The door suddenly slammed open, "Yeees, dear?" Amy burst through the door, smiling widely, Mark chuckled, turning around in the swivel chair, "I'm hungry."

"Me too, wanna go get dinner?" Amy asked, a hand on the doorknob as she cocked her hip to the side. Mark stood up and walked over, kissing her forehead. "Sure, lemme get my shoes, and you get a jacket, I know how easily you get sick!" Mark said as he walked out the room into theirs.

Amy scoffed as she yanked his jacket off the rack in the recording room and shut the door.

Mark was slipping his other jacket on as he walked out the room and saw Amy in his jacket, "Oh, there it is. Where was it?"

"On the rack." She said, walking downstairs as Mark followed behind her, "Seriously? Goddamn I'm blind."

Amy giggled as she grabbed her keys and her wallet but he stopped her, "Nope, I'm paying." Amy looked at him, raising an eyebrow, "You sure?" He nodded, ushering her forward, "Now go, we don't have all night."

"Duh." Amy rolled her eyes as she walked outside to the car, Mark following behind her, she was gonna drive but, she was pushed into the passenger seat by Mark as he waggled his index finger at her as he got in the driver side.

"You must already know I would never let m'lady drive at such late hours." Mark spoke, causing Amy to blush furiously and squirm a bit in her seat, whenever he did this, it gave her chills, it just really got to her.

"Mark, what would you say, if I said, I wanted waffles for dinner?" Amy said as she turned the heat on in the car, and soon Mark pulled off. "I'd say, fuck yeah let's get some waffles!" He said, smiling.

-

They soon arrived at a place called 'Waffle House', which sold more than just waffles but Amy was in the mood for a waffle.

Mark parked the car and quickly got out to get the door for Amy, "This way, m'lady." He said, bowing as he opened her car door, Amy giggled, slowly getting out. He shut the door and held the door to the place for her—of course—, smiling as she bowed slightly to him to show respect, Mark walked in after she did.

Amt quickly picked a booth, to look out the window, that was one thing Mark liked about her, she loved nature, rain, the sun, anything. It could be a cold night with rain and she'd make it feel like it was sunny outside instead. Mark smiled, sitting down in front of her.

"So, how about we just share a big waffle together?" Amy suggested as a waitress walked over, Mark nodded.

The waitress pulled a pen from behind her ear and smiled widely, and it wasn't a fake one either, "Welcome to the Waffle House, I'll be your server, Amber!; would you like any beverages?"

"Amy?" Mark said, looking at her, "Oh-! Uh, a coke, and you, Mark?" Amy said, looking at Mark. "A coke as well."

"I'll be right back with your drinks, check out the menu's if you'd like." She said, walking away as she scribbled on her notepad.

"So, just a big waffle?" Mark asked as Amy nodded, smiling. The waitress made her way back over to them, setting their drinks down in front of them and the straws next to them. "Have you both decided on what you want?" She asked, getting her notepad ready.

"Um, yeah, is it possible to just get like, a waffle?" Amy asked, her hands on the table for emphasis.

"Just a waffle?"

"Yes, for me and him." Amy gestured to Mark as the waitress slowly smiled, seeming to understand. "Oh I see! Of course, so just one big waffle for you both?" Amy nodded. "Excellent! I'll put your order right in!" Amy smiled, "Thank you!"

The waitress speed walked away, waving the ticket in the air, yelling, "Joe! We've got a 224! A young cute couple Joe! Get on this!!" She yelled, flinging the ticket into the backroom over a countertop, causing everyone inside the place to laugh. The waitress cleared her throat. "Excuse me."

-

Soon enough, the waitress walked over with the waffle, setting it down in front of them as she gave them utensils, then placing the syrup beside Amy, "Enjoy!" She said enthusiastically, whilst walking away and admiring them both from afar.

Mark picked up a knife but Amy stopped him, "Just rip it apart, we're not royalty." She said, starting to tear apart some pieces, and after a few, Mark stopped staring and ripped pieces with her.

After being satisfied with how many pieces were ripped, Amy poured the syrup, giggling at Mark's reaction due to how much she put, Amy picked up her fork, "Stop stating and eat." She said, taking a bite.

Mark slowly smiled as he stabbed a piece with his fork, eating it.

Mark was thinking about dinner for tomorrow, now.

"Waffles for dinner tomorrow?"

"Sure, baby, sure."

-

i had a waffle for dinner last night :)