use a hair tie.

warnings: mention of self harm.

---

Amy wasn't the happiest person around, at school, she wouldn't talk to anyone except for a girl named Kathryn and a boy named Mark. Mark was a senoir at the High School Amy went to, and captain of the football team, why he decided to hang out with a girl like Amy, she'd never know.

However, one day, Mark caught Amy at a bad time.

...

Amy was running down the hallway towards the girls bathroom in tears, she already knew, she was having her normal every day break downs. She'd go into a stall, pull out a razor that somehow doesn't cut her leg whilst in her pocket, not that she would care, and self harm herself. Nothing big, just small scratches honestly. However, today, she wasn't gonna do something small, she was going to fuck up herself and-- "Oof--!" Amy grunted as her face collided with a well built chest, sending her to the floor, Amy looked up to see Mark, who immediately helped Amy up to her feet, "Oh, jeez, sorry, Amy, didn't see you there. Where you heading?"

"Bathroom." She said quickly, hoping he'd let her go so she could do this quickly and get out and go home, but, Mark didn't. He kept talking, "Are you okay? You seemed to be.. in a rush, bathroom is just around the corner, no need to run." He honestly seemed concerned, but Amy had immediately began to laugh at herself mentally for thinking that. Mark, actually caring? Funny.

Mark stared at Amy, tilting his head before he pulled the hand that was surprisingly still holding hers, closer to him and pulled her sleeve up without hesitation and Amy covered her mouth to prevent herself from screaming.

Mark examined her arm. Up and down her forearm was small cuts and bruises from nights of self harm, and Mark seemed furious, but, not at her. Himself. Why himself?

"...Amy, why..?"

Amy froze, beginning to sputter, hoping to find words to form a sentence to respond but, instead, she just.. was speechless. Mark sighed softly as he pulled her sleeve down and pulled her into a tight hug, whispering in her ear, "Were you on your way to the bathroom to harm yourself?" Amy couldn't even lie to Mark, so she nodded slowly after slight hesitation. Mark nodded slowly afterwards, rubbing her back, "Okay," he pulled away from their embrace, looking at Amy, eyes locked, he continued, "Give me whatever you were going to harm yourself with." Amy sighed as she carefully dug into her pocket and pulled the razor out, Mark immediately grabbed it and put it in his coat pocket. "Now, here's an alternative, instead. Take that hair tie out your hair, please." Amy tilted her head as she slowly pulled her hair tie out that kept her hair in a pony-tail. Her hair flowed along past her shoulders as she pulled it out.

"Now, put in on your wrist, doesn't matter which one."

Amy did as Mark instructed, furrowing her eyesbrows, she was confused, but Mark kept talking, "Now, pluck your wrist." Amy blinked, pinching one side of the hair tie to pull it out and let it smack against her skin.

"Instead of harming yourself permanently, use that hair tie, it causes just about the same amount of pain, but, the marks disappear, and a plus, no blood." Mark explained as he smiled softly at her, Amy looked up at Mark and felt tears form in her eyes as she hugged him, being careful of the razor in his pocket, she mumbled, "Thank you." Mark had returned her hug, no hesitation, smiling wider as he rubbed her back yet again,

"No problem, just remember, use the hair tie, instead. I don't want to see such ugly scars on a beautiful girl like you."

----

edit; a/n:

i'm so depressed i can't think of anything but shit like this. i'm so sorry ugh.

-sam