Chapter 45: Acceptance

Start from the beginning

"W-what's that?" I asked.

"It's to accept yourself, Yui. Accept it no matter how good or bad it is," she said.

"B-but--"

"No more buts, Yui! No more ifs!" she said.

She's smiling sweetly. Why am I blessed with such good, loving, and understanding friends? I'm so lucky to have them.

"I'm sorry," I whispered then I felt my tears fell, "I'm sorry I'm such a crybaby. I'm sorry I'm so stupid," I cried.

She hugged me again, "You're not a crybaby, you're just hurt. You're not stupid, you're just confuse."

"T-thank you, Alyssa," I said.

"I just want to help you," she said.

I wiped my tears, then we sat down. I grabbed my bag and took the keychain, "By the way, here. I bought it, I really don't know if you will appreciate it but--"

"What are you saying? Of course, I appreciate it even though skulls are not my thing. I appreciate it because it came from you. Thank youuu!" she said.

I smiled widely, "You're welcome!"

I'm really glad we're okay now. I wonder what Yva is doing right now.

----

At the shore

"Here, Ethan. I bought it for you!" I said then I gave him the keychain.

"Thank you but why skull?" he asked.

"Uhh... because I find it cute," I laughed awkwardly.

"Alright, thanks," he said as he pushes his eyeglasses to his nose.

"Hey, Felix, this is also for you. And Yva, for you too!" I said then I gave them the keychian.

"This looks disgusting!" Yva said. "You have no taste!"

"Tsk, what is this for?" Felix said.

"Nothing, just a little gift for being a good friend," I said.

"Huh! I'm not your friend, I'm your Vice Captain," Felix said.

"Oh...right," I laughed awkwardly.

"Yuno suits that position more than you do," Yva said.

"What did you say, you little mouse?" Felix said.

"What did you just call me, you arrogant feeling-cool Vice Captain?" Yva said. They glared at each other and continued arguing.

They're arguing again.

I walked away from them slowly and left them. I saw Captain Luttrell watching the sea waves, I walked towards him and called him, "Hey Captain! I have something to give you. I hope you like it," I said then I handed him the keychain.

He chuckled, "This looks cute and weird, but thank you."

"You're welcome, captain! That's for thanking you for trusting and accepting me," I smiled.

He patted my head, "I saw a potential in you, that's why I accepted you."

"You mean potential for making troubles?" I joked.

He laughed, "Yeah, that's one."

I pouted, "Eeeh?! Are you serious, captain?"

"Maybe," he said.

"But why are you here, captain? It's almost dinner," I said.

"I'm just looking at the sea. Earlier, I felt someone watching us from there... at the other side of the sea," he said as he looks in front.