FIFTY-FIVE{finale}

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: High on life by FIREBOY DML

7 months after\

Ochanya's diary

So I heard that not all stories ends with a happy ending. I've always known that my troubles and worries will end one day but what I didn't know is if it'll end happily or the other way.

I only planned on taking the next step in my life when I eventually overcome my worries and trouble.

My worries were if I'll ever be able to forget the day I was raped, if I can ever forgive Okwo for ruining my life, today I've given myself an answer.

Yes, I've forgiven Okwo, if God can forgive, who am I not to forgive. Moreover, Okwo has turned a new leaf and I'm glad he's now becoming responsible. What Okwo did to me was only a trial, he raped me and deprived me of my virginity, he turned my family against me and made me a laughing stock but God restored all I've lost, my family now cherish me again, my community now look up to me, I have wonderful friends and extra sisters, I'm now an international model and i intend of contesting for Miss Nigeria and miss universe in the nearest future, he also blessed me with a wonderful man, that loves me wholeheartedly.

By the way, I now know how to make about 3 popular Yoruba dish perfectly.

Also, God made me realize how much everyone loves me, my parents,my siblings, the whole orokam community and my fans and the aspiring models who looks up to me.

After spending the weekend with my parents. I informed my friends it's time to go back to Lagos since we all have a job to get back to.

It was hard for my parents to let me go. They wanted me to stay but I've already made a life for myself in Lagos and I need to get back to it. Moreover, I have an endorsement deal worth 10million Naira to go sign on Monday.

I tried to convince Onyela to come with me but she refused and said she would wait and come the next weekend after I send a driver to come bring them to Lagos.

Fortunately, the following week was my convocation ceremony as I became a proud graduate. My parents celebrated with me and after few weeks they got ready to return to benue.

Onyela stayed behind her since I promised to recommend her to some companies so she could get a good paying job.

I was surprised to see how fast she bonded with Alia.

And khaddie, unfortunately her relationship of eight years with Saheed didn't work out. She caught him cheating red headed and broke up with him.

Apparently, khaddie has been having rough patches in the toxic relationship which she hid from us but she had no choice to open up to us after she caught him cheating the fourth time.

We made sure we were all there for her till she gets over him. An eight years relationship is not easy to forget.

Mirabel will clock one year in few weeks time, I handled all the preparations cos I consider Mirabel my own daughter.

As I write down the things needed for the party, my eyes wandered around my engagement ring.

You heard right, Tobi proposed to me few days ago on our late night date, in the same fancy restaurant we had our first date.

I smiled hard as I reminisced how Tobi asked me to be his forever.

Few months ago, Tobi introduced me to his mother. I was nervous as I was about to meet her, I've heard stories about how narcissistic and deranged Yoruba mother-in-law can be.

But I was proved otherwise, when Tobi's mom hugged me happily immediately she saw me. She was so happy as Tobi introduced me as his fiancee, she went on and on about how much Tobi has told her about me. I felt important when she told me, I'm the only woman Tobi has ever brought home.

Ever since I met her, she has been checking up on me and always asking when Tobi and I are ready to take the big step but I kept assuring her that very soon.

Alia and Leonard got married traditionally, their legal/white wedding is fixed for the weekend after Mirabel's birthday party.

.

Hence, it was indeed an happy ending after all...