THIRTY TWO

Ochanya

“Oh please Alia! Be ready already else I pull off my clothes and go to bed” I threatened as I watched Alia touch her make up even though it's already too perfect.

Tonight is the after party after the launching of Alia cosmetics new products and Alia being the CEO of such a reputable company intends to dress to kill. Here I am clad in champagne gold sequin dress, my hair is delicately styled with a nude make up

while Alia is dressed in a yellow dress, a light make up and a nice hairdo that makes her scream POWER and WEALTH

“I'm almost done” she replied

“What! What else do you intend on doing again, your make up is done, your hair is done, your shoes and jewelries are on, what else? Is it more than just a cocktail par_” I halted when it dawned on me that she's expecting her boyfriend at the party. “Wait a sec! You're expecting Leo at the party?” I asked.

“No!” She exclaimed, avoiding my gaze.

“Keep deceiving yourself my love, I hope he shows up this time, I really want to see what he looks like”

“Well, I have his picture, let me show you” Alia said as she picked up her phone. “There it is! Come and see” she said.

As I attempted to move closer to her and collect her phone, Claudia bursts in.

“You don't want to be late to your own event, do you?” she yelled at Alia, making her fidget as she picked her purse and rushed out and I followed.

***

As the guest were chattering with a flute of champagne in each of their hands, my heart boomed for joy when I saw how happy Alia was. I just can't wait to meet that man she loves so I can patch things up between them.

I heard glass clicking and I turned.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad you are all here, as we all know we are here to celebrate AWC's launching of new products. I have few people I want to give thanks to, My late parents, please let's have a moment of silence for them” she said and silence filled everywhere for few seconds before she continued.  “I also want to thank my first family, the only mother, father, sister brother I have left, Claudia Williams” she said and everyone clapped.