THIRTY THREE

Ochanya

"He's here, Leo's here!" Alia whispered excitedly. My heart raced in shock as I stared at the last man I expected to see at Alia's event, Leonard.

Why didn't it ever occur to me that Alia's Leo is the Leonard I know. Now I understand everything, Alia is the ex girlfriend he was trying to use me to get over.

"Are you okay?" Alia asked and I nodded hastily as we both watched Leonard walk towards us looking like a prince of some castle.

"Hi ladies!" He greeted and I noticed he's not even shock to see me as I was

"Hi Leo" Alia replied like a child as I looked away.

"Hi!" he said directly to me.

"Hi" I replied almost inaudibly and walked away as soon as i can. I rushed into the restroom and shut the door. I stood in front of the mirror and realised how stupid I've been. Alia's boyfriend is the man I've been crushing dreamily on ever since, this is not a nice way to be grateful for all she has done for me.

As I stared at myself angrily and l shut my eyes to avoid tears from ruining my make up and give a chance for Alia to suspect.

"Nothing happened between us, we only went on one date that ended terribly so it's not a big deal, when we get home, I'll tell Alia everything" I spoke to myself until I realised something.

"if I tell Alia, she'll never forgive Leonard for trying to use me and trying to forget her, it will only drive them apart more, I should just forget about it and pretend I don't know him, I'm sure he'll like that as well"I said and i smiled. That's the best thing to do, I took my purse and went out.

"It's really nice to see you again ochanya" I heard a deep baritone voice behind me and I gulped as I turned slowly to meet his gaze. He's standing on the left side of the restroom door with his hands in his pant pocket.

"What... What are you doing here?" I asked.

"To see you of course"

"why?" I asked and he moved closer and took my hands.

"I just want to tell you how I'm deeply sorry about the last time we saw each other"

"You meant the day I knew you were using me to get over a woman who turns out to be my best friend? You knew, didn't you?" I said spitefully as I snatched my hands.

"No, I didn't, I just found out few weeks ago when I saw you on Alia's ads, I had no idea and judging from your reaction, you didn't know as well"

"If I knew you are the Leo she has always talked about, you think I'll ever try to have anything to do with you?" I asked

"Look I just want to apologize, nothing more" he said.

"Apology accepted, now leave me the hell alone!" I said harshly and walked out on him, I need to get out of the place so I went to Alia.

"Alia, I need to go home, I don't feel good" I said.

"Oh, you can then, I've not been able to talk to Leo yet" Alia said and I smiled and left.

On my way to the parking lot, I saw Tobi.

"You're leaving?" I asked

"Yeah, I guess you are too " he said and I Nodded. "Let me give you a ride then" he offered.

"Don't Bother, the driver will take me home"

"C'mon don't trouble the poor man, he takes you home and come back for Alia? No! Let me get you home and I insist" he said and I shrugged my shoulder.

"Okay" I said and he opened the door to his car. I wonder where this gentleness part of Tobi has being hiding.

As he drove me home, we engaged in small talks and he made me laugh a few times. He drove into Alia's compound and we alighted.

"Thank you so much Mr Tobi Daramola, I hope you'll give me the chance to pay you back one day"I said as I headed for the entrance and he followed behind.

"You can pay me back by going out with me tomorrow " he replied as he played with his car keys.

"where will that be?" I asked.

"I'm going for a shoot tomorrow, you can come watch my sexy poses" he said and I chuckled.

"I'll think about it! Goodnight" I said and turned to enter

"Good night beautiful" he said and I halted.

"Did you just call me beautiful?" I said and I turned but he has already hopped into his car. I shrugged and went in.

I went straight to my room and undressed, I showered and wore my nightie. I bounced on my bed and took my phone as I played candy crush so I could feel sleepy. The more I tried to focus on the game, the more my mind wandered around.

I wonder why Tobi took sudden interest in me, could he possibly like me? Tobi called me beautiful for the first time today.

"Okay! Why am I thinking about Tobi?" I grunted as my door flung open and I sprang up and grabbed my hair brush for defense.

I saw Alia, she was staring at me with wide eyes before bursts into laughter.

"Not funny!" I said as I dropped my hair brush.

"Guess what? Leo is still into me!" she said excitedly.

"That's a relief! Did he tell you that?" I asked.

"No, but I caught him staring at me a few times"

"so are you ready to give your relationship a chance to breathe?"

"Yes! I'm more than ready"

"I mean if Leonard proposes marriage again, are you down for it?" I asked clearly.

"Well, if he's still the Leonard I know, I'll gladly marry him" She replied and I smiled.

"I'm so happy for you Alia, so you'll also be leaving me soon" I whined like a child.

"Who knows if we'll be leaving together?" she asked as she winked.

"What does that mean?"

"I can see you and Tobi are getting closer" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"No! That's not true!" I said.

"C'mon, do you want to start lying to me now?" she asked and I sighed.

"Okay! Okay! I... I think I... I... I... I think I like Tobi" I confessed and scrunched my face waiting for Alia whose eyes are widened to be back to normal.

"I knew it! I just knew it" she screamed excitedly and I watched in embarrassment.
I've always known that I like Tobi but I choose not to give in to that thought. I only know Tobi to be arrogant, egoistic and rude. And I felt, loving him will only hurt me over, over again.

But the trip to Dubai changed everything, from the night I locked him in the bathroom and I found myself really guilty, to the night he forgave me for it, to the day at the beach when he thought I was trying to commit suicide with the concerned look on his face till we had water fight, till the night of the bonfire when he kissed me.

It was when Tobi kissed me I realised I was in love with him.