TWENTY ONE👑

Ochanya Rita Ameh

"God! I threw up on him" I screeched and Alia laughed.

"Yeah, you did"

"Well, serves him right" I said as I tried to take my mind of it.

"Anyways, come down stairs and please ignore that little brat" she said as she walked out of my room.

I took my phone and I saw a missed call from khaddie.

In the last three Years, khaddie and I became good friends. She still works as a photographer in Alia's company.

I dialled her number but she didn't pick as well. I kept dialling her number as i went out of my room to join them downstairs. Before I got to the staircase, I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw Tobi.

"Can you as least use your eyes when you are walking?" He shot as me and I rolled my eyes.

"I admit I didn't use mine, but did you use yours? Cos if you did, you could have avoided it" I shot back at him and he glared at me.

"What's that unpleasant smell?" He asked as he sniffed the air. "Oh yeah, the unpleasant smell is coming from me because I reek of your vomit!" He said again.

"I can remember telling you clearly not to come close to me" I said and he scoffed.

He definitely bumped into me because he wanted me to apologise which I'm not going to do.

"Your insolency is starting to get on my nerves! Who the hell do you think you are?" He said with anger evident in his tone.

"Are you always dumb? I'm Ochanya"

"You know what bitch? Stay away from me, everything about you irritates me"

"Exactly what I was about to say, the feeling is mutual, you face disgusts me, not just that, your existence is a threat to me!" I said to him and walked away, leaving him on the spot.

I can't deny that what he said got to me.

You know what bitch? Stay away from me, everything about you irritates me

I brushed it off and joined the rest in the sitting room.

The next day, they all left, leaving just Alia and I alone in the house. It was still better at first, not until Alia started going back to work too. I still have a month to resume school, maybe khaddie's company will help.

Early morning the next day, I woke up and followed Alia to work so I can see khaddie too.

"Madam, wetin you dey find here?" Khaddie said as she checked out the zoom lens of her camera.

"I can't wait to resume back to school, you girls are boring" I said as I sat down.

"School hasn't resume?" She asked

"Yeah, how's Saheed?"

Saheed is khaddie's boyfriend and they seems to like eachother. Even though they are Muslims, they are not the regular over religious Muslims. If not for their names, you'll never know they are Muslims.

"He's fine,  he's even_" she got cut off by Alia's inburst.

"Girls! I thought of something, I've been thinking of a perfect vacation for us and I came up with three" Alia said.

"Really? Vacation?" I said excitedly.

"Yeah, which country should we go? We can go to Jeju island in south Korea, we can also go to Paris or Dubai"

"Out of the country?" Khaddie said with her eyes wide.

"Yeah?" Alia said with uncertainty.

"That's a lot of money over a vacation Alia"

"I can't remember asking any of you to pay, moreover my father left my sister and I a private jet, so I'll handle everything"

"I'm still not taking back my words, that's a lotta money over a vacation, I mean it's a foreign country, they don't speak Naira" I said in an american accent that doesn't seem to suit my tongue.

"How about we all go to Abuja, there's a resort center there and I'm sure you'll love it boss" khaddie said.

Since she has been working here, she said she still wants that limit of boss and employee to be there, that's why she has always called Alia Boss, even though they are of same age.

"I concur" I added.

"Okay! But this won't be any fun for me, I practically grew up in Abuja" Alia said defeatedly.

"oh! What should we do then,  it has to be fun for us all" khaddie said

"please, let's just go to Dubai, please!" Alia whined like a child.

"Alright! Alright! Dubai it is!" I said

"And one more, let's make it a quad date" khaddie said.

"I'm lost here, what do you mean?"I said.

"I mean we can't go there playing single ladies game card, let bring our men along, Claudia and Ben, Saheed and I, Alia and_" she said and paused.

"You guys don't even have a boyfriend" she completed and I rolled my eyes.

"You are right khaddie, we can't go alone, in fact in that and we still have_"

"Tobi!" Khaddie cuts in

"I was going to say that!" Alia shot at her and we both chuckled.

"Sorry babe, does Tobi have a date?" Khaddie asked.

"Not that I know of, but I'll ask" Alia said and rushed out.

"You should get a date" khaddie said going back to her camera.

"I don't need one, I can cope"

"Alone?"

"Yeah, alone!" I answered .

Later in the day,Alia came back and told us everything has been sorted and it's scheduled for next week.

"Will Saheed be able to make it?" Alia asked.

"I'll ask him and get back to you tomorrow" khaddie said as she rounded up in her work for the day. Alia and I are  also getting ready to go home.

"Okay khaddie, let's go, I'll drop you" Alia offered and we all retired home.

Khaddie called later in the night and said, Saheed is totally in for it.

"Do you have a date already?" I asked Alia who doesn't seem to be concerned about it.

"I'm Alia Williams remember, getting a date isn't a problem" she boasted and I snorted. "What about you? Any guy?" She asked And I shook my head.

"If I have one , you'll be the first person to know"

"So what's your plan for the vacation?"

"I'm spending it alone" I said nonchalantly. Alia stared at me for a while and looked away with a smile.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked.

"Nothing!"

"Better, I'm going to bed, see ya tomorrow!" I said standing up.

"Tomorrow is Saturday, we are going shopping for new clothes" alia said

"Okay, sweet dreams baby!" I said as I entered my room and shut it.