THIRTY-FOUR

Ochanya

“Welcome Mr Tobi, we are so happy you could make it” a man greeted as he offered us a seat.

Yesterday, Tobi asked me to come to this shoot with him. It's a beach photoshoot in one of the private beaches in Lagos.
The breeze is quite chilly and it kept blowing my hair to my face. I sat beside Tobi as i just watch him talk to the director of the shoot. Everywhere looks like an outdoor studio and I watched as ladies paraded in bikinis.

“I'll be done in an hour or two” Tobi said  and I nodded, he stood up and walked into a celebrity like van with the director.

“oh my God! Are you not the face of AWC?” I heard someone asked in awe behind me and I turned.

“Yeah, I am” I replied

“oh my God! The face of AWC is here!!!” she screamed excitedly and crowds starts gathering with different question. Most people took pictures with me that I got tired, I signed a lot of autograph and I had to just be nice to them.

“Enough ladies, get back to why you're here please” I heard Tobi say and they cleared a path for him to walk closer. He has changed into a short and no shirt. His abs glistened  and I gulped.

“Get back to work ladies!” He repeated with a clap and the crowd faded little by little.

“I'm sorry about that!” He said and sat beside me. I couldn't look at him, I feel I'll pounce on him and kiss hell out of him if I look at him again.

“It's okay, I was bored anyway” I replied as I avoided his gaze.

“Really? You looked like you needed rescuing and why can't you look at me?” he asked with a chuckle.

“Because I'm not comfortable around shirtless guys” I replied sharply as I cleaned my sunshade and wore it.

“you mean you're not comfortable around shirtless Tobi?” he taunted and I smacked  him.

“Don't flatter yourself!” I said and he laughed.

“I'll be right back love, I need to do this ASAP so we can leave” he said and left.

“Love? That's scary!” I muttered.

The shoot began, it was just Tobi at first, he was posing alone with different mind-blowing styles, until a lady with bare buttocks and just a piece of clothing called bikini, covering just her vagina and little of her breasts.

I was overwhelmed with jealousy as I watched how she kept rubbing her body to his all in the name of photo shoot. Sometimes, Tobi will slightly put his hands on her huge buttocks and stare at her lustily, i understand it's the nature of the job. In modelling, sometimes we need to fake emotions for a perfect shoot, but this is becoming unbearable for me. Most ladies stared at me as the shoot went on and I wonder if the jealously is so evident on my face.

After about one and half hour, the shoot was over, Tobi went back into the van, probably to dress up so we could leave, that gave one of the ladies the chance to come talk to me.

“You're ochanya right? The face of AWC” she asked and I nodded.
“is Tobi your boyfriend?” she asked and I was tempted to say yes, but I don't want to look like a fool if Tobi finds out.

“And what if he is?” I asked

“Just curious, cos Ciara is obviously into him, everyone knows” she said

“Who's Ciara?” I asked.

“The girl shooting with him, she has always liked Tobi and I'm sure all those extra intimate pose was to spite you” She said and I chuckled.

“Are you concerned for me or you came to find out if I was dating Tobi so you can inform the others?” I asked and she went mute as she scratched her ear.

“You should leave me alone now before I tell Tobi why you are here” I threatened and she scurried away.

What I noticed since I got here is that, everyone here loves Tobi and they don't want to get on his bad side, it's not as if they fear him.

After few minutes, Tobi came out and we got ready to leave.

“How was it?” He asked

“Interesting!” I replied sharply, he was about to say something when someone interrupted.

“Tobi, are you leaving already?” The girl I knew to be Ciara asked with a very funny voice. Why is she sounding like a pornstar?

“yes I am, the shoot is obviously over” Tobi replied.

“But_”

“I'll wait in the car” I interrupted and Tobi nodded.

After few minutes, he joined me in the  car.

“So anywhere you wanna go?” he asked with a grin.

“I'm not sure I wanna go anywhere again,  just take me home” I replied and he frowned.

“Don't start with the attitude ochanya, you promised to keep my company through out today and a promise is meant to be kept” he said as he drove out of the shooting location.

“Keeping your company isn't going well for me, if looks could kill, I'll be decomposing already”

“Why will you even say that?” he asked raising his voice a little

“The girls! everyone! those girls at the beach were shooting me murderous glares and that girl that did the shoot with you, I'm not comfortable with the way she looks at me!” I replied raising my voice as well and I calmed and looked out the window.

“I have no idea of what everything you said means, you are the face of AWC, which makes you one of the biggest model celebrity in Nigeria  and sorry to disappoint  cupcake, people will always look at you either lovingly or murderously and there's nothing you can do about it” He explained rather harshly.

“Stop the car! ” I said inaudibly

“What?” he asked as he tried to face the road and look at me as well.

“I said Pull over!” I yelled, he's probably wondering what's happening. I hate the fact that I'm jealous and I can't help but pour out my anger on him.

“Ochanya! What's wrong with you? I'm just trying to make you understand that the way people look at you doesn't matter and you shouldn't let it affect how you feel” he explained as he drove faster rather than pulling over.

“Why are you not stopping the car?” I asked

“Because you're not getting out of this car until I know what you're upset about” he replied.

“I just_” I tried to say but he cut me off

“Ochanya please! Ever since we met, all we've done is fight and I can't do that anymore, I just want us to have a nice time_ together” he said calmly.

“just take me home”

“Taking you home means you are declining my friendship, just tell me what's wrong, did something happen at the beach?” he asked and there was silence for a while as he kept dividing his attention on the road and on my face.

“I hate the way I feel” I replied, I hate that I can't bear any other woman touching or talking to Tobi and I hate that I'm trying my best to hide my jealousy.

“How do you feel? And don't tell me it's because of the way some girls below your level are looking at you!” he said and I smiled. He's completely clueless about what's really going on in my head.

“I'm famished” I said with a chuckle trying to change the topic and it worked.

“Well, I know a perfect place to take care of that!” he said with a grin and drove through another route.