SIXTEEN👑

Peeem! Peeeee!

The honking of a car brought me back to my sense and I saw Leonard parked at the other side of the road. I crossed and hopped into the car.

"Ain't you a life saver?" I remarked and he smiled.

"I don't mind saving your life every minute if I have to" he said and drove off and I blushed hard.

"Thanks for picking me up, how clumsy of me to leave behind my purse" I said.

"No one is above mistake, it's okay" he said. "So our plan is still on tomorrow right?" He asked and I went ahead to fill my curiosity

"Why do I feel like it's a date?" I asked so he can confirm if it's a date of not but instead he laughed loudly ignoring my question.

"Someone please shoot me! I just embarrassed myself" I mumbled to myself.

"Anyways, how was your exam" he asked as he drove into the estate. "What's the house number?" He asked and as I was about to reply, I saw aunty Bimpe talking to someone in front of a another house. I can only see her behind but I know it's her.

"Oh stop here, I'll just take a walk from here" I said.

"Why? I can drop you home you know" he protested.

"It's okay, I feel like taking a walk, I'll see you tomorrow" I said.

"Okay, okay! Have it your way milady" he said and I hopped down and waved at him before rushing forward to meet aunty Bimpe.

Boo!" I yelled in aunty Bimpe's ear from behind and she jumped in fear.

"Oloun mi ooo!" Aunty Bimpe exclaimed.

"What's the meaning of what you said?" I asked with furrowed brows thinking she just insulted me.

"It means my God ooo" she said it the same way she exclaimed it the first time and I smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her as I glanced at the girl she's talking to.

"Her madam gave me lift here, I'm just about to leave, this is Amina, she's a maid here" she explained and I waved at the girl.

We went back home and I helped get with the cooking and her chores.

Later in the evening Alia came back home, she was very tired. I wanted tell her about Leonard asking me to join him for lunch but I just have to let her go to bed, I'll tell her tomorrow when she's refreshed. I went to my room and took my phone.

I saw messages from khaddie, Leonard and Claudia.

Khaddie

Hey, how was your exam?
17:05pm

I read and replied.

It was fine, thanks khaddie
22:20pm

I opened Leonard's chat, I got three messages from him.

I think it's a date
13:53pm

Yeah, I mean it's a date
14:05pm

You don't mind right? I'd love it to be a date
14:10pm