FIFTY-TWO

3 months later

Ochanya

Everything returned back to normal and when I say normal what I mean is that Alia and I are friends again, plus Alia got back with Leonard. They look so good together and I managed to catch a glint of genuine happiness on Alia's face.

Mirabel is three month and few weeks old. Whenever I'm around her, I feel like she's my child, she has grown fond me and she prefer I carry her than anyone else.

After Alia made me the face of AWC, I've been getting different endorsement deals and my modelling career is now top notch, I'll be travelling to New York City for a shoot. The thought of not seeing Tobi for the whole of a week I'll be spending in NYC is heartbreaking. I'll definitely miss him.

I kept trying to focusing on the food I'm cooking but all I could think about is how much I'll miss Tobi.

I'm in Tobi's apartment trying to make a Yoruba soup called gbegiri {beans soup}. Tobi's favourite food is a popular Yoruba dish which is Amala with ewedu, gbegiri and pepper stew combined.

Knowing how much he loves this dish, I was determined to learn how to prepare it so I took lessons on YouTube. Fortunately, it was quite easy to make the soups from the YouTube tutorials but I've tried to learn how to prepare make Amala perfectly but always ends up in a disaster, it either ends up having clot or it's not well cooked or it ends up like a Pap. I just can't do it well.

But few days ago I tried making amala again and it ended up nicely. So after I'm sure Tobi went to work, i went to his house and tried cooking his favorite hoping to surprise him with it.

"It's few hours before he closes from work" I muttered as I hurriedly placed water on fire.

In fifteen minutes, the whole meal was ready, I set the dining and went back to the kitchen to clean up.

Suddenly a hand grabbed my waist from behind and I jerked up. I slowly turned and I saw Tobi grinning.

"Did I just succeed in scaring you?" he asked.

"you didn't scare me, you startled me!" I said defensively.

"If you say so, I missed you" he said as he showered me with kisses.

"No wonder you're early, so I need you to go shower and come to the dining, I made your favourite" I said excitedly.

"You are my favorite" he said in a flirty manner and I won't deny that that turned me on, but I was more interested in him eating and complimenting the meal I made for him.

"Naughty boy! I need you to go shower so you can eat, then you can eat after eating" I said seductively and I saw his eye lighten.

He rushed off and came down after five minutes. I served him his food he just smiled.

"So you made this?" he asked and I nodded. I urged him to taste it and he did, but I couldn't make out his reaction, my excitement dropped to zero.

"Is it bad?" I asked.

"Yeah ... I mean no... Not really " he stammered and I felt incompetent.

"So it's terrible, I'm sorry, maybe I didn't follow the YouTube tutorials well, I'll try again tomorrow" I said as I stood up to pack the food.

"No... No babe, to be honest, it's not perfect but you tried, you cook other meal's perfectly and I'm sure this is not perfect cos it's your first time so sit and let me state the flaws" he said and pulled me to sit on his laps.

"The beans soup is too watery, so try and add less water next time, the fried pepper stew is nice as well as the green soup, but the Amala, it's too soft but not to bad for me to eat if you'll feed me" he said with a grin and I smiled. What he said made me feel better. I fed him until he had his fill.

"I Promise to make it better next time" I said and kissed him.

***

I got back from NYC after a week of shooting. Tobi welcomed me at the airport with a Bouquet of flowers. He loves me so much that I can't even ask for more, never did I imagine Tobi will be so loving and caring, he met my expectation of a perfect man to the extent that his perfection is starting to scare me.

The next day, we all decided to go on a weekend vacation. It's Sallah and the Islamic part of the country is celebrating. So we went to a resort center in Ibadan. They all picked Ibadan cos I've never been there.

Ibadan city is quite different from Lagos but it's just as busy as Lagos city, where everyone fights for survival.

When we got to Royal resorts in Ibadan. I was impressed, it's not exactly a five-star hotel but it's nice. We all went in with the hotel attendant helping us with our luggage.

"You like what you see?" Tobi asked as he took my hand.

"She has to cos I like this place" Alia cuts in.

"You guys have seen nothing yet, when we go to Agodi garden tomorrow, you won't want to leave, it's the best resort center I've seen in Nigeria so far" Leonard said.

"Says a photographer who has been to all resort centers in the world" I replied and they all laughed.

"Two reservation for Alia Williams" Alia said as we got to the receptionist's desk.

"Does this ring a bell?" I asked Tobi as I chuckled. This reminded me of our last vacation in Dubai, when Alia booked just one room for Tobi and I.

"You mean when Alia intentionally booked just one room for the both of us" Tobi said and I gasped.

"What? I knew it, Alia you are such a player" I said as I laughed.

"What do you except me to do? You both needed to get laid" Alia said with a wink and we just laughed the more.

"Ochie!" I froze as I heard a familiar voice call behind me. Only one person calls me that, only the man I hate most in the world calls me that, only the last man I want to see calls me that. I slowly turned to face the person, I froze as I saw him.

"Okwo!" I muttered.