THIRTY

TOBI DARAMOLA

After having all the fun at the beach, we returned to the hotel. I had to take a conference call so I told Ochanya to go ahead of me.  After I was done with the call, I went back to the room. I heard the shower running, then knew ochanya is in it.

The door bell rang so I moved towards the door to get it. I ushered the waiter in to bring in our meal, I turned and saw ochanya in towel with water glistening on her dark skin, her hair is wet and it's messing up the floor. I sighed.

''There's a thing called towel, and you should have wrapped it around your head'' i said and she rolled her eyes and went back inside the bathroom to take a towel and wrapped it around her head.

''I hope that's our dinner cos I'm famished'' she whined as she opened the plates one after the other. She started to dish her food out.

''Don't be such a dick! Eating with me won't kill you!'' I said as i took my shirt off cos I knew it always have a big effect on her and I'm right cos she looked away. I just wonder why it never works on Alia.

''I don't want to eat with you and note that you started this and I wish to continue the tradition'' she said and continued to dish out her food which pissed me off.

''What's the deal with you? Whenever I try to be nice, you shove it to my face!'' i said, clearly upset.

''No one asked you to be nice!'' she said and immediately wore her earplugs, trying to ignore me by shunning me which is the last thing I'll take from any woman.

I moved closer to her,  grabbed her hand and took off the ear plugs flung them somewhere across the room.

“what's wrong with you?” she yelled and struggled to free herself from my grip

She glared at me and I did the same, her deep black eyes pierced every part of my body then my anger slowly wore off, before I knew it my hand was on her waist and I was leaning in for a kiss, stupid emotions!

“you know what? Have it your way!” i said and pulled away before I do something I'll regret. Ochanya is not my type of girl, spending time with her only get my mind off Alia which is not good.

“what?” she asked as she opened her eyes. She also anticipated the kiss which is amusing. I thought she hated me.

“you wish to eat alone, so have it your way”  i said and walked away to finish undressing myself. I watched as she tried to get herself together.

“what happened now? You look pale, is it perhaps because you didn't get the kiss you anticipated?”  I taunted and I literally  saw her face turn purple as she mumbled something in embarrassment.

Later, we had a bonfire night where we played TRUTH or DARE, during the game, ochanya was asked why she hated me, and she said she doesn't hate me but only dislikes me.

I took advantage of the game to find out if Alia is still holding unto her past relationship, and I got my answer. Her answer really broke my heart and there I lost hope. There's no way Alia and I can ever be together, it's been three years and she still loves Leonard so much. I really don't stand a chance. Not to forget why she hired  me in the first place, it was because of Leonard.

I managed to hide my anger, frustration and sadness, then I came up with a plan.

I can use ochanya to make Alia feel something for me. Maybe if I shower all my love and affection on Ochanya, she'll think of me differently, she'll wish she could have me.

I smiled at my plan and it was at that moment the bottle stopped spinning in front of me again.  I was told to kiss someone and I went for ochanya instead to get on with my plan.  Ochanya tried to object but later gave in.  I took her waist in my hands and I slowly kissed her, my heart raced as I did, I felt terrible like I was hurting ochanya and betraying her. She kissed me back as I felt her soft palm on my cheeks. She suddenly pulled away as if she read my mind that I'm taking advantage of her, she walked away hurriedly.

A part of me enjoyed the kiss, a part me was convinced I was doing it for Alia.

Due to some reasons, we flew back to Nigeria. The ride on the plane was a quiet on and Ochanya avoided me.

After a week, I got to hear about Ochanya being on Alia's ads, as I saw the pictures and the video ads, I was shocked. I've always known ochanya to be beautiful even though she doesn't know that, but I didn't expect her to be such an excellent model with a look worth dying for. As I watched the ads, my heart raced  and I find myself watching the ads over and over again.

Whenever I visit Alia, I always hoped to see ochanya but I never did. she's clearly avoiding me.

But I know for sure that ochanya has tampered with a switch in me and she must deal with it.