TWELVE👑

Ochanya

"Leonard?" I called, trying to be sure it's the same man.

"Hey Ochanya" he said with a charming smile, I like the sound of my name on his tongue. He came closer and shook my hand.

"Nice to see you again" I said excitedly, I never thought I'd see him again.

"You look good, you live here?" He asked with his thumb pointing to the estate.

"Yeah"

"Wow, you must be well packaged!" He complimented and I know what he meant.

"No! No! No! I'm not, I'm staying with my friend for a while till I'm able to sort myself out" I said and his smile slowly faded away.

"Is everything okay? Anything I can help with?" He asked and I laughed

"No, thanks" I said and he wore his bright smile again.

"Okay, i guess I'm still a stranger to you" he said

"No! that's not true" I said immediately and he smiled.

"Okay,  so if you don't mind can I get your phone number so I can reach you later and we can have lunch together" he said slowly in an awkward manner and sped up the last line. "That's if you want to anyways" he said.

"Yeah, yeah_ I mean I'd love to but you see, I don't have a phone right now but if you can give me your phone number, I'll reach you later" I said.

"Oh okay" he said and tapped his pockets. "Sorry, I'm checking if I have any card left, One sec please" he said and walked towards an exotic car, he later came out with a small paper, from a jotter I guess and a pen.

He wrote what I assumed to be his phone number and came back to me.

"That's my hotline, please call me" he said and I smiled.

"I sure will" I said, even though I look cool, I'm dancing like a maniac in my head

"is he gonna ask me out? An handsome man is gonna ask me out, omg!" I thought

"I'll be expecting your call, okay?" He said and I nodded. "I guess I should go, bye!" He said and walked away

I turned and left too, I don't want him to turn and catch me staring at him.

I want back inside the estate and I found the house easily, i entered and realised that  Aunty Bimpe is back already.

"Where did you go? I've been looking everywhere for you? You know madam will soon be back, where will I tell her you went?" She said worriedly.

"Calm down aunty Bimpe, at least I'm back now" I said as I slumped on the chair. "I got lost" I said almost inaudibly.

"What?" She exclaimed and I rolled my eyes.

"Let me join you in the kitchen, what are we cooking tonight?" I asked.

***

After helping her and also learning how to cook fried rice and making salad, I retired to my room to freshen up before Alia comes back, so we can all have dinner together.

As I stood in front of the mirror, staring at my slim figure and my dark skin, it reminded me of who I was.

"You don't belong here Ochanya, don't get too comfortable" I said to myself.

"But I love it here, I wish to be here... Forever, with Alia and Claudia" I thought.

"Guess what?" Alia barged in with shrieking voice interrupting my thought. I smiled.

"What is it Alia?"  I asked as I moved closer to her.

"Tada!" She said excitedly and brought out a phone pack.

"This is for her royal highness" she said as she did the European bow.

"This is for me?" I asked as I gasped in awe, I collected the package and I opened it.

"Of course yes, it's exactly like mine, I bought similar pouch too" she said and brought it out.

"Alia, why? How do I deserve all this from you? I'm just someone you met on the road, I almost implicated you, why_" she cut me off

"Hello! I don't have time for your emotional drama, let me set up your phone for you" she said and dragged me to the bed and we sat, she taught me how to operate the phone. When I was at home, only Onyela had an android phone cos she was in university. My dad only bought me a small Nokia phone, but this phone I'm holding , I'm sure it costs a fortune.

"There's another thing Ochanya, I obtained jamb form for you and_"

I cut in. "What!" I exclaimed

"Do you have a problem with that?" She asked

"No... No, I'm  just surprised" I said and she let out a sigh of relieve.

"Okay, I've obtained the form for you, all I need you to do right now is, fill this form and we'll go there tomorrow to complete the filling of the form online and we'll get you books to read before the commencement of the exam, that's all" she said and gave me a childish grin.

"I can't afford to go to university Alia" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"So what am I here for?" She shot at me.

"University education costs alot Alia, I can't let you do this, why don't you please find me a job that requires my o'level qualification, then when I'm financially okay, I can think about furthering my education, I can't keep depending on you Alia, you can't keep spending on me lavishly" I wailed.

"Ochanya, did I complain? No, I didn't! You are my friend and I'll go extra miles to make you comfortable and financially okay, it's just a matter of time before you get okay yourself, you'll go to school, study hard and find a good job, i promise you everything is going to be okay." Alia said and I gave up, she won't even listen to me.

"Let's go eat, I'm starving" she said and drew me down the staircase.