TWENTY EIGHT

Tobi Daramola

Alia called me and told me about the vacation and asked if I'd interested. I thought, it's a chance to get closer to Alia, moreover I need it.

"So are you coming?" she asked me

"of course!" i replied.

"So you got a date?" she asked

"you'll be the first to know if I do, you want me to be your date?" I asked.

"No, I got a date already" she replied and my heart dropped

"So you are seeing someone?"

"Not really but almost"she replied. I was tempted to ask more questions about whatever might be going on between her and the new guy but I don't want to press further.

"Nice!" I replied.

We got ready for the vacation and I met the guy Alia was talking about, he's quite cute but not as I am. I wonder why Alia can't see how much I love her. Maybe it's not her fault, I'm just a coward that can't profess my love for her.

Claudia arranged our sitting both in the car and in the plane. I wonder why she kept fixing my seat beside ochanya. After we settled in the williams private jet. We took off, I guess ochanya was stressed cos she slept off as soon as our journey started. I can't help but stare at her angelic face and her pouty lips. Sometimes I wonder why we can't get along.

Her body flinched and she rested her head on my shoulder and I smiled. After about 30minutes, she woke up and I decided to look for her trouble a little.

"Now that you are awake, can you get off me?" I said, she raised her head and her eyes met with mine, she adjusted and looked away.

"Not even sorry or a thank you?" i asked , she glanced at me and looked out the window not uttering a word.

After about 7 hours, we got to Dubai. It's already 10pm.

A limousine drove us to the hotel we'll be staying, it's quite a nice place and I can't help but chuckle at the marvelled expression on ochanya's face. We walked into the reception.

"Alia Williams" Alia said as she took of her sunglasses.

"Oh welcome ma'am, here are the cards to the room you booked" the receptionist said excitedly.

"This is four, i booked five" she said, giving the receptionist a questioning look.

"No ma'am, you booked four" the receptionist said and showed her something on her computer

"Oh jeez! Alright! we'll have one more room" She said

"I'm sorry ma'am, we are fully booked" the receptionist replied and Alia faced us with an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry Ochanya, you'll have to share a room with Tobi"

"What?" Ochanya shrieked as I widened my eyes.

"And what is wrong with sharing a room with Tobi?" Khaddie asked.

"A lot of things are wrong khaddie, I can't share a room with this woman for a week!" i said, almost shrieking like a girl.

"Now both of you listen, I don't know why you both hate each other with so much passion and we don't care, we won't start this vacation by settling fight, you can both sleep here and banter about who's using the room, we are all going inside, goodnight!" Claudia said and dragged her husband in with him and others followed.

We both stood there stealing glances and not knowing what to do. Suddenly, she took the access card to the suite we are to share and started running towards the suite.

"Where do you think you are going?" I said as I went after her but she didn't stop. She found the suite, entered and locked the door.

"Can this girl ever act less bitchy?" I mumbled, I kept banging the door but she didn't give any response.

I went back to the reception and requested for another access card. I was given and I went back to the suite. I entered and I found the room empty, I heard water splashing and I assumed she's in the bathroom.

I saw my luggage by the door and I dragged it inside the suite. I sat and tried to loose my belt, I heard the bathroom door open but I didn't turn.

"What are you doing here?" she yelled and I turned to look at her.

"Look I don't want to fight, I'm tired and I need to sleep, hopefully tomorrow we'll get you another room, but now we need to share this room" I said tiredly.

"I don't care if you are tired or not, get out now!" she yelled.

"This room is for the both of us, it doesn't belong to anyone, so come relax your body here and stop yelling unnecessarily" i replied and stood up.

"You even want me to share the bed with you?" she asked.

"Trust me, I don't want to either, if you can do the honours of sleeping on the floor while I take the bed, I'll be overjoyed!" i said and walked past her into the bathroom to avoid further ranting.

"I'm not sleeping on the floor!" she said loudly so I can hear me. I completely took off my clothes and stood under the shower.

After having my bathe to my satisfaction. I took my towel and wrapped it around my groin. I proceeded for the door, I turned the knob but it refused to open. I kept banging the door but it didn't open.

To cut it short, I spent the night in the bathroom, couldn't sleep all night. I could feel my teeth gnashing, it was freaking cold and I'm sure it's only God that can save ochanya from my wrath. Never did I imagine she'll take it this far, I kept praying for the day to break.

After the day broke, I heard a knock on the main entrance and I heard the door opened. After few minutes, the bathroom door opened and I saw the crew looking at me with their mouth opened wide and ochanya smirking, I felt like murdering her on the spot.

"How was your night?" she asked and started laughing. She seems proud of what she did.

The crew rebuked her for what she did and she suddenly felt remorseful. I threw all of them out the room and got ready for today's adventure.

I met the crew at the reception and we all waited for ochanya who seem to be getting ready in Alia's suite.
"Tobi, are you mad at ochanya?" Alia asked.

"please Alia, I don't want to hear that girl's name" I said and took a magazine.

"what she did is really wrong but it's an honest mistake, look ochanya is just being playful here, let it go and forgive her " Claudia said and the rest backed her up with an apologetic look.

"Okay! Okay! I've heard you guys but she'll surely pay for what she did" as soon as I said that, she appeared and we all stood up to leave, she came towards me and tried to talk but I ignored her.