THIRTY EIGHT

Ochanya

Tobi and I got closer each day before I knew it, I found myself telling him about how things are quite hard for me in school until I became a model for AWC. I'm close to being in final year in university of Lagos.

Most times when I'm in class, Tobi would come pick me up for lunch and take me home. Sometimes, he'd tell me about his mother, how badly she can't wait for her only son to get married.

"So why don't you get married?" I'd ask.

"It's complicated Ochanya, just let me keep handling my mother the way I can" that has always been is reply.

Maybe there are limits to what we should know about each other. I can't bring myself to tell him what brought me to Lagos and how I knew Alia even though he asks me almost everytime. That's a memory I don't ever want to remember or speak of.

I dressed after I got a text from Tobi saying he's coming over. It's weekend and we meet almost every weekend to hangout. I did a very light but inviting make up and wore a mini gown exposing my legs, i cologned myself with body spray. I checked myself in the mirror one last time and I smiled.

I went downstairs and sat in the living room waiting for him. I wish he could come to my room so we could have some private time together. But I can't invite him in and make it obvious I'm into him.

"Hmm, you smell nice!" Alia remarked as she trailed down the staircase in her pyjamas looking like a homeless woman.

"shut up Alia, don't have a place to be today?" I asked.

"Not really, moreover Tobi's coming over" she said as she took the remote.

"He told you?" I asked as I felt down. I thought he was coming for me, but telling Alia too sounds like, he's coming for us.

"yeah, over a text nessage" she replied, dropping the remote and walking towards the kitchen. The door bell rang and i just sat there, I wasn't in the mood anymore, what I just heard totally killed my mojo.

"Won't you go open the door?" Alia asked from the kitchen and I stood up grumpily. I opened the door.

"Hey!" he said with a sweetheart smile.

"Hey!" I replied rolling my eyes as I made way for him to pass.

"what's with that look?" he said with a semi scrunched up face.

"Nothing, just wanna sleep my butts off" I said as I walked up the staircase.

"Really? So I'm here to sit all by myself?" he asked.

"Alia's in the kitchen, join her, I'll come down later." I replied without looking back. I went into my room. I banged the door shut and slumped on my bed. I tucked my self in and took my phone to surf social media.

I saw a whatsapp message from an unknown number and then replied.

It's Leonard, remember me?
11:40am

My heart raced as I saw that. I thought he was getting back together with Alia. Maybe not exactly, at least Alia is trying get best to win him back so I wonder why he is texting me.

What do you want?

11:58am

Nothing Ochanya, I just wanted to say hi to you, no big deal...
12:00pm

I don't think that's necessary, Alia will be overjoyed right now if you had said that HI to her instead of me...
12:01pm

I'm not here to talk about Alia
12:01pm

Then you shouldn't talk to me then cos I see no other thing you need to talk to me about apart from your girlfriend whom you can seem to forgive and let go of the past
12:02pm

You know what? Let's meet and talk
12:02pm

No Leonard, I'm not sure I want to be seen anywhere with you, it will create a wrong impression, whatever you want to talk about, I'm sure Alia has all the time in the world to listen to them.
12:04pm

Okay listen, I'm also sick of pretending, I love Alia more than I can explain, she ruined and wasted six years of my life for loving her, I just want us to talk, you are her best friend, you live together and you should know her best, I don't want to make another mistake so I want to be sure of what I'm getting into.
12:06pm

Alright, I'll see on Tuesday after lecture, just text me the time and venue
12:07pm

Typing....

I heard a knock on my door and I looked up from my phone.

"Come in Alia, why are you knocking dummy?" I said as i rolled my eyes.

"I'm not sure I can come in if the Alia you're referring to has no tits" I heard Tobi say and I sprang up.

"To.... Tobi?" I stammered as I hurried to make my room look more decent and ladylike. I opened my door and stood in the door frame.

"So... So what are you doing here?" I asked awkwardly.

"I think you are suppose to invite me in first" he replied with a smile.

"Oh, please come in and have you sit" I said and ushered him in. I shut the door and I exhaled before facing him.

"Nice room!" he said as he sat on my bed and sprawled.

"Thanks" I said as I uncomfortably sat on the bed with him. I didn't imagine that Tobi being in my room will be this intense even though we've shared a room together before for almost a week.

"Why do I feel like you are not comfortable to have me in your room? " he asked.

"What? No! Why will I be uncomfortable? I mean, it's you Tobi, we are friends, just like how Alia and I are friends, no big deal" I trailed off and stopped to catch my breath. He raised a brow and smiled after.

"Don't be silly, come here and let me show you the pictures of the company I modelled for last week."

"The pictures are ready?" I said calmly trying to hide my excitement as I moved closer to him.

"Yeah" he replied and showed them to me. I felt goosebumps all over me, i could feel my feet getting wet as I stared as the shirtless Tobi in the fitness picture. His body was filled with muscles. Hot boy summer stuff.

"Wow, you look so hot and sexy" I mumbled as I keep staring at the pictures one after the other.

"yeah, I know that" he replied and his masculine voice sent shiver down my spine. That was when I realised I was very close to him, there's barely any space between us, I slowly looked up and met with his eyes.

As we stared at each other and breathe in eachother's air, my eyes wandered around his lips. I felt so vunerable and ready to do what my heart wants. I slowly leaned in to kiss him and then I got back to my senses. I slightly moved away and cleared my throat.

"These pictures are awesome, have you shown Alia or you'll like me to do the honours?" I asked as I continued to look down to his phone checking out the pictures again. After few seconds of silence from him, I slowly looked up again and my eyes met his. We held eachother's eyes again before he gently caressed my cheeks and I looked down. He raised my chin and his lips met with mine.

Fireworks exploded in my heart as Tobi kissed me, I flung my hands around his neck as I kissed him back, it was the most intense moment in my entire life.