SEVENTEEN👑

I just sat on my bed staring at nothing like a zombie, I'm sure l look like a loser right now.

Should I tell Alia about Leonard or not? I'm really confused.

"No way! She won't like it, maybe I should just call Leonard and tell him I can't make it" i thought about it again and shook my head.

No. I can't do that, I'll just go out with him this once to have fun and won't do that again.

I smiled at my plan, it's better that way.

I stood up and checked my closet.

What should I wear?

***

It's 12:30pm already and I still don't know what to wear. Here I am in my bathrobe with all my clothes scattered on the floor, if I had told Alia, she'd have helped me. My eyes caught a black cloth underneath a yellow dress and I took it. It's the same gown Leonard said would suit me the first time we met, I smirked and took it, I wore it in a rush and proceeded to my dressing table.

Well, I can't apply any make up cos I don't know how to, I combed my natural hair and packed it in a bun, I wore a pair of sandals and carried a black mini bag, I sprayed my body with cologne and made sure I didn't leave my purse behind.

I left the house and waited outside the gate, it's 12:58pm already. I checked left and right, no sign of him.

Maybe I'm suppose to wait at the main gate" I mumbled and started walking towards the main gate.

Leonard's call came in and I picked.

"Hello ochanya, I'm sorry I didn't get your house number" he said

"Oh yeah, I'm almost at the main gate anyways" I said

"I can see you now, wait there" he said and hung up, in a second, he drove towards me and parked. 

"Hi!" I said with a smile and entered.

He took me to a fancy fast food.

"What will you like to have?" He asked

"I'm not picky, anything is okay" I said and he ordered good for us.

The waiter took our order and left.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, my curiosity got the better part of me" he apologised.

"It's okay jhur!" I said and he smiled

"You look good, I mean the dress suits you after all" he said.

"You still remember the dress?" I asked in awe, I didn't expect him to still remember what the gown looks like.

"Why not? I was going to buy it for my gi_" he said and stopped abruptly as if he's about to say something terrible. I raised a brow and he chuckled.

"Forget what I said, anyways can I ask you something?"

''Sure''

"Hope your parent won't mind that a grown up man like me is hanging around with their daughter?" He asked and I won't deny that i was offended.
I scoffed.

"How old do you think I am? A fifteen year old girl?" I asked making it clear I'm pissed.

"I'm sorry, just that_"

"I'm twenty!" I cut him off

"Whaa... What?_ I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you, I'm so sorry, you are just writing jamb, your slim build and baby face/ no make up look made me jumped into the conclusion that you are probably 17 or close to being 18" he apologised.

"It's okay, I understand. The food is good" I said, trying to change the topic. He's actually right, I look like a secondary school girl and I'm not dressed like other hot chicks I've being seeing in Lagos.

"Yeah, it's my best place, do you want anything else?" he asked and I shook my head.

A waiter brought champagne for us, as he was about to drop it, the flute filled with champagne slipped and fell on me, ruining my cloth and wetting my legs.

"Oh! I'm so sorry ma'am, please forgive me! It's a mistake, I'm so sorry!" The waiter begged in fear.

"It's okay, it's okay, you can go" I said

"Are you okay?"Leonard asked

"I'll go clean up, excuse me" I said and stood up, I was directed to the ladies. I stood in front of the mirror.

"Do I look that small, I'm not even short, I'm tall, still taller than Alia, but everyone one keeps getting the shock of their life when they hear my age!" I mumbled.

I cleaned up and after a few minute, I walked out of the ladies and moved towards our seat. I stood still as I saw a man sitting on my seat, Leonard is backing me so he can't see me. I wonder why that person is sitting there.

"Look, you can't understand okay? I'm just trying to move on here!" Leonard said to the guy who has a angry look on his face.

"You love her! She only said she isn't ready! Give her time and stop this stupid date with the bimbo you brought here! I've not met her but I know she can't be as pretty as the person you truly love" the guy said and I shook, he just called me a bimbo, they are so engrossed in their discussion that they didn't realise I'm behind them.

"Look, Ochanya is a nice girl and I'm trying to Start something with her, she's_"

"But do you even feel anything for her?" The guy asked cutting him off and he remained silent and my eyes welled with tears.

"That's it! You feel nothing for her!"

"Feelings can develop later! Leave now, She'll soon be here, and where is she by the_" he stopped when he looked behind and saw me. I glared at him in anger, I made sure no tears fell from my eyes. My body shook in anger.

He stood up and sluggishly came towards me.

"Ochanya, it's not what_" I cut him off with deafening slap on his cheek. He held his face and gave me an apologetic look. I walked closer to the table staring at his friend whose head is bowed in shame. I took my mini bag and walked out of the restaurant as everyone stared.

I turned out to be a pawn to everyone, this is all my fault. I should have known, men are bastards.

He's trying to use me to get over his ex girlfriend, he even feels nothing for me, I'm so stupid. I stopped a taxi and directed him to the estate. I alighted in front of the estate since commercial vehicle are not allowed him, as soon as I walked in the estate. I let down the tears that has been threatening to fall since I left there.

"Why does it always have to be me!" I muttered, I wish I had not gone.