FORTY-ONE

Tobi daramola

All the times I spent with ochanya, it drew me more to her. I kept feeling like spending time discussing irrelevant matter with her. I find her company comforting, memorable and sweet.

After that night at the cocktail party, I was determined to know her more although my plan of getting close to ochanya to win Alia over was terminated after I saw her at the cocktail party, I can't just do that to her. After I spoke to her at the party before Leonard's arrival abruptly ended her chit chat. On my way home, Claudia stopped me and insisted on discussing an important matter with me. I followed her to the balcony to avoid the noise of the party.

"I'm sorry Tobi, but whatever you are doing is a thing a coward would do" she attacked and I got confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I tried to think of whatever I could have done .

"I know you are secretly in love with Alia but leave ochanya out of it!" She said sternly and my heart raced.

"What... What... You knew?" I stammered

"Listen, it's either you admit your feelings for Alia like a man or forget it and don't drag Ochanya into your love winning scheme" she said and I sighed.

"How did you know I'm in love with your sister? And why do you keep mentioning ochanya in this?" I asked

"I'm not blind! I don't know why Alia doesn't see how much you care for her, but I can clearly see it and let me ask you something, you were going to kiss Alia at the bonfire night but you changed you mind at the last minute and kissed ochanya instead, why?" she asked authoritatively with her hands akimbo.

"Stop assuming things Claudia, I kissed ochanya because I wanted to see her reaction not because of Alia as you assume" I denied.

"you know your facial expression states that you're lying"

"Okay! Okay, sincerely I kissed ochanya that night to get a reaction from Alia which is a stupid thing to do and i totally regret it and it won't repeat itself" I assured her.

"Very good!" she said and tried to walk away but I stopped her.

"Do you think I should give up on Alia?" I asked

"Alia loves no other man than Leonard, I hope you understand what I mean" she said and walked away. I sighed.

Claudia is right, I have no chance with Alia.

I went out of the party and went to the parking lot, I intend to go drink myself to coma.

Then I saw ochanya too, she was leaving and I felt I could use her company to get better. I drove her home and invited her to hangout with me later.

I got addicted to ochanya's company and I always feel like I need her around to be sane. She is lively and naughty and beautiful that I can't help but reminisce the bonfire night when I kissed her.

Before I knew it, I found myself going to the Williams mansion constantly to see ochanya. Alia's presence gradually meant nothing to me and i felt lighter.

Seeing Ochanya suddenly meant alot and I couldn't go a day without seeing her but last weekend ruined everything. I tried to inform ochanya I was visiting but she wasn't available on whatsapp so I texted Alia instead since she was online. As I attempted to drop my phone, I got ochanya's text so used the opportunity to inform her I'm coming over.

When I got to the Williams mansion, ochanya opened the door but she looked upset, she barely talked to me before returning to her room so I went to talk to Alia instead.