THIRTY SEVEN

LEONARD

I smiled as I stared at her picture, the picture of the woman I loved so much but broke my heart in return.

I loved Alia Williams, one of the youngest celebrity multi millionaire in Nigeria. I met her in person when her parent died even though I stalked her on internet before then. The moment I met her, I knew she's the woman I've been waiting for. I fell in love with her all over again. I stood by her after her parent's burial, I made sure she wasn't depressed or sad, I made her happiness my priority.

We were watching a movie at her house one night and the movie got erotic. It was quite awkward as the air got stuffy. I tried to move away from her before I do something drastic since she was resting on my shoulder. But she stopped me from moving away, our eyes met and at the same time we both leaned in for a kiss, our lips met and moved in sync. Our making out section got deeper that before I knew it, we were both naked in her bed room and so engrossed in our love making. I was her first, I was quite surprised cos I wasn't expecting it.

The next morning,i woke up and I saw her sleeping peacefully with her head on my chest. I felt I took advantage of her, her parent died just two weeks ago and here I am having sex with her in her father's house while she's still mourning.

She convinced me it wasn't a big deal and we got over it. I confessed my love for her and she did the same. We started dating that day.

I smiled again as I reminisced our happy relationship of three years that got ruined three years ago. I can feel my heart shattering all over again. As I stared at her picture, all I felt was mixed emotions. I loved her and I still love her but I can't seem to forgive what she did to us.

I walked out that night hoping she'd stop me. But she didn't, she didn't care to reach out to me or turn off the dark switch in our relationship, she simply didn't care, she moved on without me and focused on the success of her company.

I tried to get rid of my feelings for her but I couldn't, she's the first woman I ever loved deeply and she discarded me like I'm nothing.

Whenever I try to nurture hatred for her, once I see her, the hatred comes melting down, I can't help it. The last three years of us being apart was hell for me.

I missed her, I missed every part of her. Sometimes I feel tempted to reach out to her and tell her how much I love her, it used to make me feel good, loving her felt good but now, loving her makes me feel less of a man.

Most times, my dad ask me if I'd like him to interfere in our relationship but I refused.

It's being three years we've been apart, all of a sudden I started getting texts from her. She invited me to the international photoshoot for the launching of her new product. I was tempted to go but I decided against it.

Few days after, I started seeing ads and commercials of Alia's company everywhere. What caught my attention is the model in the ads, it's Ochanya. The girl I met few days after Alia and I separated. I tried to reach out to her after she found out I'm pretending to be into her, I tried to reach her but all my effort proved abortive.

"Does she work for Alia now?" I thought.

For day, I kept wondering what the connection between Alia and Ochanya. Then I decided to go through Alia's instagram page again.

I kept scrolling and searching to find anything that can answer my question. I kept scrolling down when a picture caught my attention. I scrolled back up and clicked on it, there I saw ochanya, Alia and Claudia together in a picture. The caption says

"Nothing feels good like having your family around you during difficult times and blissful periods, I'm so lucky to have ochanya, a friend like sister and I'm so lucky to have Claudia, Sister like mother💕"

I kept reading over and over again. Ochanya and Alia has been friends all this while. What sort of a coincidence is this.

My phone beeped and I checked, it was a text from Alia.

She invited me to the cocktail party of the launching of her new product. I guess it's time to really meet ochanya and tell her how sorry I am about the last time we met. Moreover it's an excuse to see Alia and stop denying myself of what I really want.

I went to the party. As I entered, I searched around and I saw both ochanya and Alia talking to Tobi daramola. I moved closer and ochanya froze when she saw me