Dallas Winston - I don't love you pt 1

Dallas Winston. The type to steer clear of actual relationships, the type to steer clear of commitment, or so everyone thought.

Much to the suprise of his six close friends, and handful of acquaintances, he actually liked being in the relationship he was currently in, much more than he'd originally planned.

Which is why, when he went over to the Curtis Brothers house and said "I'm going to ask her to marry me." all six males sitting in the living room nearly burst out in laughter.

Darry Curtis was the first to regain his composure and quickly placed a serious look on his face. "Are you sure you want to do that? I mean, marriage is a huge step."

"I've been thinking about this all week, Darry. I love her." Dallas stood up. "I didn't used to believe in true love, but honestly I do now."

Two-bit realized how serious Dallas was being and stood up, placing his hand on his shoulder. "I think that's great, I'm gonna be the best man, right?"

After everyone had seen that Twobit was being serious, and not joking, they joined in the the good wishes. "When are you going to ask her?"

As if on cue, Y/n walked in. "Right now." Dally's voice was soft and his expression was filled with a sense of peace.

Darry hadn't ever really noticed the effect that she had on him, and right now, he knew Dallas was doing the best thing.

"Hey doll, mind taking a walk with me?"

Y/n smiled at Dallas before shrugging. "Sure." She waved a quick greeting to the tightly gathered group of boys before being escorted out.

The pair walked in silence before Dallas suddenly stopped. "Why'd you quit walking Dally?"

"Y/n, I've been thinking about something-" 

"Woah, woah, wait- you've been thinking?" Y/n turned to face him, a teasing smile gracing her features as she looked at him.

"Y/n, I'm being serious." Dallas rolled his eyes, reaching down, grabbing her hands. "Y/n, I love you. I never say so, but I do and you know it. You don't get upset and make me say it. I want to marry you. I want to be with you for the rest of my life, Y/n. So… will you marry me?"

Y/n pulled her hands from Dallas' grasp as she looked at him, the smile that had been teasing was slowly slipping off her lips. "What…"

"Marry me, Y/n. Make me the happiest person-"

"No, no, no, no, no-" Y/n looked at him. "No, you're Dallas Winston. You don't do marriage, you don't do serious relationships-"

"Of course I do, you and I were in a serious relationship. Or so I thought."  Dallas stepped towards her, only to have her step back.

"Dallas, I only agreed to a serious relationship because I knew it would never lead to marriage." Y/n put air quotes around the word serious. "Regardless, I can't marry you, Winston."

"Wha- you can't marry me? Why can't you marry me?" The expression on his face was filled with genuine pain and it hurt her to look at him.

"I- I just- i don't love you Dallas-"

This time, Dallas stepped back. His hands were tucked into his pockets, making him look young, less tough.

With out another word, he turned around, walking back to the Curtis house. "Dallas, wait- I didn't mean-"

"Save it, Y/l/n."

_________________________________________

One day I'll finish the "Being _____'s younger sister.

Two-bit is next, so keep an eye out for that 😉☺

Edit: Part two is out now.