Dallas Winston - "With What?"

Dallas walked into the Curtis house with Two-bit and Johnny. Steve, the three boys and their sister sat in various places in the living room, talking in lively conversation that resulted in Y/n tossing a throw pillow towards Ponyboy who was closets to the door.

She missed, hitting Dallas square in the face. "Hey, knock it off would ya?" He said as he picked up the pillow, throwing it back at the girl.

She caught it, and stuck her tounge out at him. Dallas sat on the floor, leaning back against the wall as he lit a cigarette.

Johnny sat beside Ponyboy and Two-bit sat beside his best friend, Y/n. The eight of them chatted and laughed about various things, until a knock sounded on the door.

Y/n stood up and walked to the door, her seat being taken by Sodapop. She opened the door, revealing her boyfriend, Daniel.

Daniel stood on the other side of the screendoor, his hands shoved deep in his pockets. He pulled a hand from one of the pockets, giving a small wave to Darry who had came over and stood behind his younger sister.

Steve asked who was at the door and when Pony answered, a series of "Oooh's" sounded.

"Hey, Y/n I really need to talk to you... out here... alone." Daniel took a step back, allowing the girl room to step out.

She glanced at Darry then glared at the others before she stepped out, closing the door behind her. "Hey, what brings you by? I mean, it's not like I don't want you to stop by, I don't mind that you stopped by, in fact I like it but I mean it's unexpected-"

Daniel placed his hands on Y/n's arms, and she silenced her rambling. "Y/n, I'm breaking up with you."

Y/n looked up at him, confused etched deep onto her face. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm breaking up with you."

She backed out of his grasp on her arms. "You're breaking up with me..."

Y/n wasn't aware of the five boys looking out the window, watching the event unfold. The two were talking quietly, unable to be heard by the group, but the expression spoke loud enough.

"Get out of the window" Darry pulled the curtains shut. Dally looked at the five of them crowded on the couch and rolled his eyes.

"No, no, we need to find out what's happening." Pony looked at Darry before peeking back our the curtain.

Steve turned around, sitting back on the floor, rolling his eyes. "I'm pretty sure, like ninety nine percent sure that she's getting broken up with-"

"What?" Dally shot up from his spot on the floor, rushing over to the window. He pushed Pony out of the way.

He saw the female stand infront of him outside, her arms flailing about as she very expressivly punctuated her words, shoving a finger towards his chest.

Tears could be seen on her face by them and soon, the reason for her tears left the gated area.

Y/n gripped onto the porch railing, bending over as her body shook in sobs.

"Oh no..." The group saw the crying girl and each one felt a sense of pity for her.

Dally backed away from the group and so did Two-bit. "Go comfort her."

"What-" Dally looked at Two-bit as though he had grown two heads.

"Go comfort her."

"How do I do that?"

"Start with hugs-"

"With what?"

"Hugs, you know... you like, wrap your arms around her-" Two-bit hugged the air awkwardly

While Dally was seemingly appalled by the idea on the outside, inwardly he wasn't sickened by it.

Darry moved to go comfort his sister but Dally stopped him. "Let me take care of it."

Before any of the guys could make a comment or say anything, He stepped outside and with no words to Y/n, he turned her around and wrapped his arms around her.

"What are you doing?" She sniffed, her arms stiffly by her side.

"I'm comforting you"

"You're what?"

"Shhh, just shhh."

Y/n hesitantly wrapped her arms around Dally's torso. He was relieved she stopped crying but he was upset that she was upset.

"Do you want me to kill him?"

"I can do it myself. But thanks."

Dally chuckled quietly, smoothing out her hair. "Yeah, I know you can, but don't. Darry would flip if you ended up in jail."

"Very true, very true."

"And, we'd all go crazy. You're the only thing that keeps up from killing eachother sometimes."

"That is also true." Y/n chuckled "Thank you... for being completely unlike you normally are."

"Yeah, yeah, don't mention it." He laughs quietly. "Seriously don't mention it."

"Oh?" Y/n leaned back, looking at him with a small smile on her lips. "What if I do mention it? Hmm?"

She slipped from his hug, and inched to the door. "Don't you dare-"

She opened the door but before she could say anything, Two-bit laughed. "Awe, look at that, Dallas has a soft side."