Darry Curtis -"Long time no see."

Y/n pulled into the town of Tulsa Oklahoma late one spring evening. In all reality, it wasn't that late, it was only a little past midnight but for someone who'd been driving since four A.M, it felt like it had been a week.

She drove to a familiar house, one she hadn't been to in four and a half years. She parked her beat up cruiser infront of the house, sitting there for a minute. The lights inside signified people there, or so she hoped.

The people inside that house had a deep past with her, Y/n and Darry had dated. His brothers, Pony and Soda, despite what everyone else said, knew they were soulmates.

Y/n sighed, remembering how she had broken up with Darry when her parents said they were moving.

"I promise to come back after I finish school" She promised, and she meant to... but she met someone else, someone she believed she was in love with.

Y/n got married to him, losing contact with the Curtis' and their gang. Things were perfect for a while...

She didn't know where else to go, and she didn't even know if the people here would want to see her... but, after sometime she got out.

Walking to the door, she knocked, taking a step back. A few seconds passed before someone answered the door.

Soda.

"Hey Sodapop..." The girl said quietly, a small smile on her lips as she looked at the boy who had been like a brother before she left. "You sure have grown up, huh?"

He'd grown up a lot since the last time she saw him, but that was to be expected. She knew they all had. Soda's face lit up as he realized who she was. "Heya, Y/n" He wrapped the female in a tight hug, lifting her up slightly, and she tried to hold in her grimace, failing to suppress a groan.

Soda let her down and held her shoulders, taking in her appearance for the first time. "What on earth happened to you?"

"Who's at the door, Soda?" A voice that obviously belonged to a teen boy, sounded as footsteps were heard getting closer to the door.

"Hiya, Pony." Y/n smiled slightly as his face lit up too. The boy wrapped her in a gentle hug.

"Man, Soda. Not even invited her in yet? Shame on you." Ponys voice held a teasing air as he motioned for her to come in.

"Who's here?" A deep voice was heard down the hall and a pair of footsteps were too.

"Um- an old friend?" Pony answered Darry with a question, hesitant to say who was here.

Darry rounded the corner, his eyes immediately landing on the female. His facial expression remained solid as he kept eye contact with her.

"Hey, Darry...long time no see, huh?"

Darry broke eye contact with her, looking down at her hand, seeing a simple golden band around her left ring finger, then taking in her beaten appearance. Not only did she look exhausted, her lip was busted and she had a decent sized bruise below her left eye. "What on earth happened to you?"

"Y'know, that's funny. Soda asked the exact same question-"

"What happened?" His voice was firm and a bit harsher than he intended it to be. Y/n flinched as his voice echoed in her head, tangling with her husbands.

She quickly found her composure as she straightened up. "Would you believe me if I said I got into a fight-"

"He hit you didn't he?" Pony piped up from his seat on the couch.

"You really think I'd let someone hit me-" Y/n saw that none of the boys were believing it so she sighed. "Yes..."

Things in Y/n's marriage had been perfect for a few months, til one night he came home drunk and started hitting her. It became routine and soon she stopped believing his lies that it wouldn't happen again.

And Y/n told them all that before Darry sent Soda and Pony to get the first aid kit.

A little while later, Darry sent them to he'd, promising that she'd be here when they woke up.

"You are staying here for the night, okay?"

"I don't want to impose-"

"You never are an imposition.

"Fine." Y/n smiled slightly.

"You can take my bed- I'll crash on the-"

"I filed for divorce, that's what caused this whole... thing..." Y/n said quietly, looking up at Darry. "I discovered something else awhile before I married him too..."

"What would that be?"

She stood up slowly, intertwining her hands with his. "I could never love anyone besides you..."

"What?"

"Darry... I still love you, I could never love anyone else... I never loved him, I just told myself I did because I was scared of him."

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"What's your plans?"

"Well, I plan on going to court if he doesn't sign the papers, then I'll get a restraining order... I thought about maybe moving back... if that's okay with everyone..."

"Of course it will be fine with everyone-"

Y/n took a step closer to him. "Will it be okay with you?"

Darry nodded slowly as his breath hitched. Y/n smiled slightly as she stood on her tiptoes.

She pressed her lips to Darry's. "You take your bed, I'll crash on the couch."

"Not a chance-"

"Listen it's either that or I'm having you room with me in your room tonight."

"Oh yeah?" He laughed quietly

"Mhmm, so which is it?"

Darry sighed, pretending to consider the options. He picked Y/n up, taking her back to his room.

He laid her down, and then laid beside her. "Sleep well."

There was a respectable distance between them, but they were facing eachother.

Y/n grabbed his hand, holding onto it gently. "Goodnight Darry."

A small smile laced onto his face. It was two words, but two words that he missed hearing immensely.