Darry Curtis - I needed time

"Yeah she's back in town, she just got back." Soda plopped down on the couch as he was talking to Two-Bit. 

"Damn, how long is she gonna be here?"

"How long is who gonna be here?" Darry walked through the door, wiping a hand across his forehead.

"I- uh- no one. Just an old friend." Soda shook his head, tossing some popcorn into his mouth.

"Do I happen to know this old friend?"

The door slammed open as Pony, Dally and Johnny rushed in. "You'll never guess who's back in town-"

"Is it the same person that Soda won't tell me about?"

"Y'all seen Y/n too?" Johnny asked

"Y/n's back? When did she get back?"

"Few days ago..."

Darry said nothing as he rushed to the bathroom. He turned the water on to the shower, Y/n flooding his thoughts.

He hadn't seen her since she left town for a fresh start, she hadn't been back since she left. He hadn't heard from her in years.

After what was probably the fastest shower Darry had ever taken, he hurried out of the house. Directly to where he hoped Y/n would be.

He knocked on the door, stepping back and shoving his hands in his pockets as he anxiously waited for someone to answer.

Miraculously, Y/n was the one who opened the door, her jaw dropping.

"Long time no see, huh?" He chuckled quietly.

"The hell are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you...hopefully."

She stepped onto the porch, closing the door behind her. "I don't want to talk to you."

"Look, I just wanted to let you know I'm sorry...I regret it every single day and I'm- Y/n, I miss you."

"You're sorry?" She raised her brows, her eyes stinging. "You're sorry?"

He furrowed his brows, looking down at her as he shook his head in confusion. "What?"

"You left me when I needed you the most, Darry." Tears dropped from her eyes and ran down Y/n's face as she looked up at him, her arms wrapping around her torso.

Darry looked down at the floor, immediately feeling nauseated, each tear sending a piercing pain through his chest. He looked at her, swallowing hard. 

"I needed you and you left me. I loved you and you left me. Now you want to try to come back into my life as if nothing happened." She wiped below her eyes, drying the tears with her sleeve. "I spent months trying to heal and get over you- you can't do this to me, I can't let you do this to me." Y/n's breathing increased as she took a step back.

"Y/n, breathe. Take a deep breath- calm down- please, I'm sorry Y/n...I'm sorry-"

"Sorry doesn't cut it." Her brows furrowed as she shook her head. "You don't get to just say sorry- you ruined me."

"Y/n, it's been five years...can't we move past this-"

"I'm not done, Darryl." Her voice became stern as anger took over her. "No, no we can't because you put me through absolute hell, the you had the audacity to tell me that you've been looking at engagement rings for weeks then break up with me over the damn phone a few days later." 

"I told you I needed time-"

"I wasn't worried about needing time, I wasn't pressuring you into asking me to marry you. I was worried about you leaving me."

He took another hard swallow as he bit the inside of his lip. After a few moments of silence, he inhaled sharply. "I'm sorry...I don't know what else to say-"

"Here's a suggestion: you don't say anything else and just leave."

"Y/n-"

"Now." With a swift turn on her heel she opened the door and walked in, leaving Darry on the porch. Alone.