Darry Curtis - "Just spit it out."

Y/n had just finished washing the lunch dishes and the dinner preparation dishes at the Curtis house, when all seven boys came stumbling in after playing a rowdy game of touch football.

Plopping themselves in various places in the living room, they all sit and talk loudly.

She walks into where they were, taking a seat on the arm of Darry's chair, beside him.

"Oh, hey Darlin, I didn't know you'd be here already"

She just shrugs, "I'm here all the time."

"Which reminds me, I've been wanting to talk to you about that."

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows, confused "Ok..." She says slowly

Did he want her to spend less time around him? Or spend less time around his house? She had no clue but followed Darry as he stood up and walked outside.

Y/n leaned against the house, arms crossed, as Darry was infront of her, pacing.

"Y/n, I've been doing some thinking"

"Ok..." She says

"And you've been here... An awful lot..."

"Darry, just spit it out."

"Marry me."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Marry me..."

"You're not serious?" Y/n says, her eyes wide "Are you?"

"Of course I'm serious Y/n. I love you. I've loved you for a long time. I mean, if you and I are going to be in a long term relationship like we have been, might as well tie the knot." Darry says, putting his hands on Y/n's shoulders

"Darry... You have a lot on your plate already... Do you really wanna add another thing to that?"

"We got this. You and I both want a small wedding, few people, simple things... We can make this work"

"Darry-"

"No, listen." He takes a step back "I want to be with you I want to Wake up next to you every morning and tell you how beautiful you are. I want to hear little kids feet running around eventually. I want you to be there every evening to calm me down when Pony is late or his homework is frustrating all of us. I wanna be with you."

"I know you do... But Darry... I'm eighteen. I just graduated high last year... I want to use my scholarship... I want to go to college, get an education-"

"Y/n-"

"Darry I'm sorry, but right now I'm just not ready to be a mom... Or a housewife... And don't even get me started on the fact that you can hardly support your brothers let alone another person. I love you Darry I love all you but I just can't do this... Not when I think there's more for me in the future than just common women things."

"Are you breaking up with me?" Darry says, his eyes tearing up.

"No, I'm just saying why ruin something as great as this?"

"What do you mean?" He crosses his arms

"We're in a good spot Darry... Why change things?"

"Because change is good-"

"No, it's really not."

"Ok, not all, but this would be..."

"You don't understand, I can't do this." You say "I can't marry you. Not because I don't love you, because I do. I swear. But I just can't be a wife right now."

"Explain... Tell me why. Help me understand."

"Darry, I'm young. You are too, we don't need to be tied down with commitment like this right now. Not with you raising your brothers, and me, just getting a solid job that I like-"

"I'd never ask you to give up your job-"

"I know that..."

"Then marry me."

"Darry... I'm sorry, but my answer is no..." You turn on your heel and walk down the steps, tears falling down your cheeks, as you turn around "I love you Darry... But I can't."

And with that, you were gone.
______________________________________

Guess who just entered this book in the #wattys2019!!!!