Dallas Winston - Safety

"Is...he isn't... Oh my God..." Ponyboy looked between me, Johnny, and the body that was laying on the ground, his eyes went wide as his mouth hung open, his arms crossed tightly over his torso. "The heck are we supposed to do now?"

"I don't know." Johnny raised his voice. "It's not like murder was technically on our agenda for tonight."

"It's not on anyone's agenda." Pony yelled at Johnny as I looked at the two younger boys.

"No, it was on mine. But not until next Thursday."

"Now isn't the time to make jokes, Y/n." Pony shouted as he glanced between the three of us one more time, grabbing mine and Johnny's wrists before pulling us behind him.

He didn't tell us where we were going, but we knew we had to be going to somewhere safe. So, it wasn't a surprise when we ended up at Buck's.

Ponyboy, Johnny and I stood outside, shivering as they pounded on the door, trying to be heard over the loud music and drunken yelling.

Buck himself stumbled to the door pulling it open. "Yeah, whaddya want kids?" He slurred as his eyes struggled to stay open.

"Is Dally here?" Ponyboy asked, peeking around, trying to see if he could see him. He wasn't around, there was no telling if he was even here.

"Yeah, he's up in his room, I don't know if I should let let y'all in-"

I pushed by him, walking in as I avoided eye contact with everyone, Johnny and Ponyboy following suit. I knocked on Dally's door, not waiting to walk in on a shirtless man.

"What are you doing here?" I was the first one Dally seen, but he quickly realized that I wasn't alone. "What happened to you guys?"

"Johnny killed a man."

"Y/n-" Ponyboy scolded me as he glared in my direction before glancing at Johnny.

"Sorry man." I nudge Johnny's arm before signing and looking at Dally. "Look, we don't know what to do, Dal. His friends are gonna come looking for us, we know that, and it's not like we cam really go to the cops and claim self defense..."

Dally got off his bed, not saying anything until he tossed Ponyboy a new shirt and handed Johnny a blanket. He pulled on a shirt, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "I might have a place y'all can go, but you guys should really get going..."

Johnny and Ponyboy nodded in agreement but before any of us could say anything, Dally pulled me out to the hall, people pushed us against the wall, and we pushed back.

"Were you a part of this or did they go to you?"

"I was with them."

"I told you to stay out of trouble." His voice was low as he glared at me. "What happened to staying out of trouble?"

"Oh c'mon you're the one who's arrested like ten times a week." I crossed my arms, standing against the wall as Dally had his hand above my head, leaning close. "It's not like we planned... It was an accident, Dally."

"You're supposed to be better than me, Y/n."

"Says who? You?"

He rubbed the bridge of his nose, shaking his head. "Get outta here, get Ponyboy and Johnny and get outta here, I'll come check on y'all in a few days when the heat dies down."

I nod, smiling at him softly before ducking under his arm to fetch the two younger boys. Dally grabbed my wrist, pulling me back towards him, kissing me.

"Who knew a murderer could be so hot?"

I laughed, shaking my head as I leaned back. "Uhm, well I didn't kill anyone, but I'll pass the message back on to Johnny."

Dally shook his head, scoffing. "Go on now. Stay safe, keep under the radar."

"Love ya, Dal."

"Love you too, Doll."

_______________________________________________________________________

Here's this scrap I guess.

I felt like I needed to update with something, sooo y'all get this.