Chapter 5: Meet the King

Start from the beginning

I ignored him and I walked towards the king.

"Y-yui?" Alyssa said.

"Good day, King Beleth. My name's Yui Akumu. I'm from the group of Aces, it's a pleasure to meet you," I said while looking directly at his eyes.

His presence seems familiar.

"Akumu," the king smiled. "Akumu means nightmare, isn't it?" He asked.

"Yui, what are you doing? Let's go," Alyssa whispered, but I ignored her.

"I-I didn't know surnames have meanings," I laughed awkwardly. "B-but, h-have we met before, King Beleth?" I asked.

"How dare she talk to the king like that?" I heard the crowd whispered.

His smile turned into a poker face, and he stared at me blankly.

"No," he coldly answered.

I was shocked. I thought the king is kind, cheerful, gentle, and talkative; but boy, I was wrong.

"I-I'm s-sorry," I apologized.

No, I met him before. His presence is very familiar and his voice.

Then he suddenly laughed, "Hahaha, cheer up. I was just joking with that poker face and cold answer. I was trying to look cool with that, okay? But no, I don't know you. It's actually the first time I heard your name," the king said. He's smiling and laughing, but his eyes are not.

I laughed awkwardly, "Ah, ha-ha, that was funny. A-anyway, nice to meet you, King Beleth. I think I need to go, we need to go," I said then I bowed down to show some respect to the king, then I walked away.

"Woah, Yui, what was that scene? Do you want to fight the King?" Steve jokingly said.

"He's very very familiar. I really think I met him before. Was it my imagination?" I said.

"Maybe you're just amazed by how handsome the king is," Steve said.

"Ha-ha, that's funny," I said with a poker face.

"Ahhh, thief! Help! Somebody--" A thief suddenly stole the old lady's bag and ran quickly.

"Wind Magi--"

"Fate Magic: Change of Destiny," the king chanted then suddenly, the thief was in front of the king and the bag he stole was back to the old lady.

WHAT. THE. HELL. HAPPENED!?

"M-my bag is back! T-thank you, King Beleth!" The old lady said to the King, then the crowd started clapping and praising him.

The king smiled, "No problem. Next time, be careful, okay?" Then he looked at me, his smile faded, "There are lots of demons just wandering around here, walking." Then he smiled again and looked at the old lady.

What was that look for? I'm not a demon, okay?

Then suddenly, someone grabbed my hand, "Wind Cloud," then a cloud appeared and Yuno grabbed me and we sat down on his cloud, then flew.

My comrades also flew quietly.

"Y-yuno?"

"Don't mind him," he said then he looked at me in the eyes. He held my right cheek and smiled, "You don't have to believe to whatever they say. You're not a demon, that's why the captain accepted you. The only thing they can see is your dark aura that surrounds you but that doesn't mean you also have a dark personality, Yui." He said.

He's smiling! I can die right now! That genuine smile which makes me cry.

"Y-yuno, w-waahh. T-thank you," I cried, then his smile turned into a poker face... again! Then he pushed me.

HE FCKIN PUSHED ME! WE WERE FLYING ON HIS CLOUD, OKAY?

"Fly on your own," he coldly said.

"Y-YUNO!!!" I shouted, then frowned.

Then I started balancing myself and started flying.

"Hmp!" I pouted.

"Tss," he said then his wind cloud disappeared. "I only use my wind cloud for those people who can't fly, and you, you can fly on your own so don't waste my mana" he said.

"Ugh! Such a meanie!" I frowned.

"What are you waiting for? Put a spatial magic, jeez." He said.

"No, it's more fun to fly with you, guys. I wanted to spend more fun times with you like this," I smiled.

He rolled his eyes.

"D-did you just ROLL YOUR EYES?" I shouted.

He glared at me.

"Because you're too noisy."

"Hehehe, don't tell me you're gay?" I teased.

"Y-Yui, I can't imagine Yuno being gay. But I think he's cuter if he's gay, waaah!" Alyssa screamed.

"Noisy," he frowned. "You know I can kiss you right here right now, Yui." Yuno said then he glared at me.

I laughed awkwardly, "Ha-ha, I was just j-joking."

"Hey! I'll be the first one to kiss Yui. Back off, Yuno," Steve said.

"As if I care," Yuno said.

"B-but Yuno, about what you said... about that dark aura of mine, c-can you see it too?" I asked.

"Everyone can see it, Yui. Maybe that's the reason why there are squads who accepted you before, they thought you can be as destructive as a demon but they were wrong so they kicked you out," he explained.

"H-how did you know that--"

"I heard you talking to yourself at the cliff, where we first met. Plus, I always see you anywhere before we even talk," he said.

"Oh, so you're stalking me," I teased.

"Not a chance."

"Hmp," I pouted.

"That's the reason why people kept on judging you."

"Then why are there people who keep on saying that I am a weakling?"

"Maybe because they've seen you already before, they've seen how you fight," he said.

"And? I'm useless?" I looked at him.

I waited for him to answer but he did not answer, he just stared at the clouds.

"Ugh! What are you? An anime? Such a cliffhanger," I said then I rolled my eyes. Then I heard Alyssa giggled.

We landed on the ground slowly and entered the Aces.

We're home, I'm home.

----

Picture/Art above not mine.

Credits (1st Image): hxhoc.fandom.com

Credits (2nd Image): Pinterest