Girl talk Pt. 2 (N)

...I'm so stupid.
'Not in here, that's just icky'...yeah, right.
As if the idea, that the dogs have been bathing in here with all their hair wasn't icky...I just should have gone with the moment.

I submerge myself beneath the surface, exhaling the oxygen from my artificial lungs in a muted scream, when I see the fur curtain being moved through the slightly muddled up water.

...Julia, judging from the number of legs and the figure...what is she doing in here? Didn't Sirus flip some 'Do not disturb'-sign or something?

Wait, she isn't planning to...

I watch, as Julia undresses herself and places her clothes on the small shelf my clothes are also sitting on.

Maybe, if I just stay down here, she won't notice me...?

"Mistress, I know you're in here," she calls out as she wades into the water, her unnervingly large nursing sacks bouncing with every step.
How does she not get back pains with that kind of weight?

She walks through the water and leans herself against the wall, where Sirus had been just a few minutes before.

After relaxing herself audibly, she says, "Mistress, please come up. I can see you down there, you know? But unlike you, I can't breathe under water."

The thought of just pulling her down to me and drown her crosses my mind, but I immediately startle at my own thought.

Just...what's wrong with me?

Now I feel a hand on my arm and Julia pulls me up to the surface.

"Mistress, I...need to talk to you."
"...you only call me 'Mistress', when you bear bad news, you know?"
"...I guess I do."
"So what, Sirus finally came on to you? Or maybe even already into you?"
"...not quite, no. However...he is suffering, Mis...Nym. And I am suffering too...just like you are suffering, I imagine."
"Well, go ahead then and knock yourself out," I mutter, attempting to submerge myself again.

I really don't to have this talk right now...and especially not with the woman who is so much better suited for Sirus than me.

But Julia won't have any of it.

This time she does not pull me up gently, she yanks at my arm with full force, actually making me wince a little at the pain.

"What is your problem?! Why do you suddenly push him away?! I really thought that you were making progress, but ever since we pulled you out of that deathtrap, you've been avoiding him! And I want to know why!"

I look away and mutter, "We should have died down there...none...none of that should have happened."

A feel a strong pull on my face, followed straight by a stinging pain on my cheek.

I reach up to my burning cheek, while Julia still pulls her hands back and ask, "Did you...really just slap me?! Do you even know who I am?!"
"No. No, I don't know! I thought I did, but you're clearly no longer the person I have come to consider a friend! So...who are you?!"

I rise to my feet, modesty and shame be damned and shout in her face, "I am Nympromedonalas Voxamy Lushomagans, daughter of...!"
"No, you are not," Julia calmly interrupts me, clearly not intimidated in the slightest.

Completely caught off guard, I sink back into the water, feeling how the blood rushes to my face.

"...one question, alright? Just answer me the question, why you suddenly push him away...after everything was looking so good for you. One could almost think that you are scared or something!"