Girl talk (N)

I...I don't believe that guy!
Why did he even come back here, if he liked it so much over there, that he...

Alright...calm down, Nym...calm down...do not give him the satisfaction.
Don't let him know, how much that one hurt you.
You...I...I need to be strong now.

I mean, it's only natural, right?
From how I understand it, she is not just the same species as he is, but they also go way back...and she has advanced to be the Alpha female of the pack.
That he turned her down the first time is a miracle already.

Julia seems to sense the rather oppressive atmosphere and seeks to make light of the situation, by asking, why I had called Sirus a 'Tisidean' earlier.

I thankfully pick up the clue and explain to her, that we referred to all humans as 'Tisidei' - The fruits of destruction.
Sirus chimes in and explain, that they also had a number of other name for them, like 'Vermin' or 'Imbecile' and some other insults I cannot truthfully claim to never have used in the past.

I close my explanation, that we dubbed this planet 'Tisis', because of how everything here seems to be geared towards destruction.
Little did we know back then, how close we were to the truth when we did that...

"So...you're...Tisidean...now?", she asks.
"Tisidei. Plural is Tisidea. Singular for male or neutral: Tisidean, Female: Tisidea, plural Tisidei. It's the same nomenclature as for the Asmodei," I correct her, forcefully shoving my anger to the back of my consciousness.

A whole while later, long after I have gone to sleep, a rustling noise wakes me and I crack an eye open to take a look.

Sirus is still sitting at the fire, napping lightly.
Julia has gotten up and sits down next to him, saying quietly, "Sirus, I'm cold..."
"If you're already cold now, you don't want to be here when winter comes," Sirus responds.
Damn straight...

"Um...can I...stay here...with you for a little while?"
...what?

Sirus lets out a sigh and scoots to the side, making room for her.
She sit down, wrapped in Sirus' blanket and leans against him...and before you know it, she's gone.

I scoff quietly, making Sirus look up from the fire briefly and then go back to sleep.

After midnight has passed, Sirus picks up the soundly sleeping girl, carefully puts her back in his bed and then comes to wake me.

I get up, mumbling, "I'm awake..."
"Figured you'd be...look Nym, about earlier..."
I raise a my hand and say, "Not now. Not while I'm cranky. Get some sleep. We can talk tomorrow."

Sirus nods and heads over to my bed, looking at me for approval.
I nod at him that it's okay and he lays himself to sleep.

Later that night, a noise startles me from my half-sleep and I already grab for the weapon next to me, but then I realize that it's just Julia who got up again.

Only this time, instead of asking me for a place at the fire, she straight up shambles over to where Sirus is sleeping and lays herself down behind him.

I get up and just want to give her a piece of my mind, when Sirus says, "Give it a rest...she's had a hard day. We'll talk tomorrow...right?"
"...right."

I hate it, when he makes me swallow my own words.
I'm going to have to have a word with that girl tomorrow though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the night passes uneventfully, except for the quiet noises the vabbits like to make as they make off with the edible remnants of the critter we left outside.