Coming home

Veronica sits in a booth at pop's with her back to the door, Betty across from her.

"So, you excited V?" Betty ask.

"I'm so excited" she squeals.

Archie was finally coming home today. When Veronica went to college in New York Archie decided to go to the Navy. He tried to visit her as often as possible but they barely saw each other. She was always heartbroken when he had to leave again.
Now she's out of college for over a year. She's making enough money with her and Cheryl's Red Raven Rum. Archie's service was officially over and he was coming home for good.

The bell to pop's rings but Veronica doesn't pay attention to it. Betty on the other hand can see who just walked into the diner. The red head holds a finger in front of his lips and walks slowly towards the booth.

"Uhm V, tell me, do you and Archie have any plans already?" she asks and turns her head back to her friend.

"No not really. We're just gonna see what happens. I can't wait for him to be here B, I just love him so much".

"I love you too, babe" a familiar voice behind her says.

Veronica's head snaps around before she jumps up and runs towards her lover.

"Archie" she squeals.

He opens his arms for her. She jumps into them, wraps her legs around his waist and lies her head onto his shoulder. He holds her tight and presses kisses to the top of her head.

"I missed you so much" Veronica whispers.

"I missed you too Ronnie".

She cups his cheeks and pulls him into a longing kiss. They kiss a couple of times before he sets her down. Archie's hand move to Veronica's stomach and runs little circles.

"You know that there's nothing in there, right?" she giggles.

"Not yet" he leans down and presses a single kiss to her stomach.

"There won't be any time soon".

"We'll see about that".

Betty is next to them now and Archie embraces her in a hug.

"Nice to have you back, Arch".

"I couldn't stay away forever. I missed you all too much".

After he pulled away his arm sneakers back around Veronica.

"Where's my baby?" he asks.

"She's at La Bonne Nuit with Cheryl" Veronica explains.

Archie walks straight to the speakeasy pulling Veronica along and Betty following them.

They have a little two year old daughter. Veronica had her in the middle of Senior year of college. She was the result of a moment Archie and Veronica shared during summer break before Senior year. They don't regret anything. They love their daughter so much and they can't imagine their life differently. A lot of people tell them they're going to fast. They are both 23 and parents of a little girl but they don't want it any other way. The only thing Archie regrets is that he barely spent time with his daughter. He was with Veronica when she was in labor and held his daughter for a few hours before he had to leave again. He was able to visit his family a few times but he missed her first steps and her first words. He's happy that she even knows who he is and he can't wait to experience all those things with his future babies.

He sees is daughter on Cheryl's lap. She's reading a book to the little girl. His daughter looks just like Veronica. Dark raven curls, a little button nose between deep brown eyes and olive skin.

"Look who's here!" Cheryl says pointing to the red head.

"Daddy!" the girl exclaims.

Cheryl sets her down and she walks over to her dad as fast as she can. He kneels down and opens his arms, patiently waiting for his daughter to reach him.

"Hi baby" he says as he picks her up. He kisses her all over her face.

"Daddy" the little girl says again. She wraps her arms around his neck and lies her little head down on his shoulder.

"I missed you so much my little princess. I promise you, daddy will never leave again".