Bitterness

WHITE

Soft grass ripples underneath my feet as I curl my knees together and cry. Tears spill down my cheeks, wetting my sleeves and skin.

I can't touch him anymore.

If what Jungkook said was really true, then I had to stay away from him. Because I was really nothing different from those glass walls that had drained him dry.

I cry softly, shaking in disgust.

And Jungkook was right. I'd woken up feeling better than I'd ever felt and with my body glowing. It was the only explanation.

It was stupid, and didn't make zero damn sense, but it was the only explanation.

The only one.

Remembering how sick he'd looked, my soft tears fall harder. He wouldn't even wake up when I'd shook him.

"I knew you'd be here."

Instinctively, I curl myself tighter so that whoever had found me couldn't see my tearstained face. Light footsteps in the grass, and I sniffle.

"Look at me."

He sounds so exhausted, even though he's trying to not let it show through. I hug myself tighter, refusing to look him in the eye.

"Look at me."

Then he uses that voice, and I curse as I submissively peek up. It was like reflex— like instinct.

His green eyes are gray, and my heart shatters in my chest.

"Go away!" I shout, distancing myself from him. "Don't touch me!"

"Demoiselle." He says sadly, but I only get more determined when I hear the trembling exhaustion in his voice. "Don't push me away like this."

"I have to. I'm not touching you ever again."

He swallows at my words. His face grows pale, paler than it already had been. His voice is weak.

"Don't do this to me."

Like those glass walls he hated so much. Just like them.

I'm just like that.

"I have to." I repeat, my body feeling empty. I turn my head to the side, hating that I'd become something like this. "I—"

Then I hear a heavy thud, and look back with stunned eyes.

He'd fallen unconscious, his body crumpled in the grass. His breathing is rough, and I feel like breaking into little pieces and disappearing with the wind.

Bitterness. I pull down my sleeves over my hands, crying as I straighten him out on the grass.

I'd hated it when he'd done this to me.

But now I was doing it myself.

He looks like he's just sleeping peacefully as I hurry out of the dome, finding Rell. She greets me with a wide smile, and I smile back, knowing she's yet to know what kind of twisted healer I am.

"Rell, will you find Jimin?" I ask her, my voice shaking slightly. "Can you tell him that V's in the dome?"

"Sure!" She bounces up and down, her hair shifting as she nods. "What about you, Unnie?"