Vanilla and Citrus

V

What am I doing.

I can't do this.

But from the moment she'd come into the room with her small blanket clutched in one hand and feet bare, I don't want to think about anything that would keep me away from her.

I pull her as closest as I can to me.

"Sorry— for waking you up." She mumbles under her breath, and I listen to her heartbeat as it calms.

"You should've come earlier. How long has this been bothering you?"

"Not long." She says quietly, and my entire body shudders as she innocently plays with my hair. "Yesterday night—but Jungkook helped me."

I pause for a second as my mind clicks.

My fingers tighten.

"You went to that two-faced kindergartener first instead of coming to me?"

She laughs. "No— he just came. I didn't go to him. There's a difference."

I just keep quiet, not knowing what to think about Jeon Jungkook freely coming in and out of White's room.

"I'm sorry." She burrows into my chest, eyes blinking in my direction. There's clear amusement to her voice. "Are you mad?"

"No."

But my reply comes out too damn quick, and she laughs again. Heat rises in the curve of my ear.

"Thanks— you have no idea how much you've made me feel better." She says, her lips suddenly splitting into a devilish smile.

"We should do this more often, for real."

My breath hitches a bit, and I look down at her. There's still something in the back of my mind that tells me to stop touching her, but I don't care. Just not right now, when she's so warm against my skin.

I'd held myself back for so long that I should be allowed at least this.

"Go to sleep." I hiss into her ear, relishing when I feel her shiver. "I promise I won't let you go."

In just a second, the smug, sly look is gone as she yawns loudly.

"Promised."

"Wait."

She's just closed her eyes when I crash my lips against hers. Sweet and soft— and she mumbles in protest before sinking into my touch.

She tastes like vanilla, with a streak of citrus. My arms tightening around her waist, I deepen the kiss until she starts to protest for breath, her fingers clenching around my shoulder.

Stop.

With vanilla still on my lips, I break away. We're both gasping for breath, and she's still finding hers long after I find mine.

The light dims.

"Now go to sleep." I say firmly, and she laughs soft and breathily. Her voice is husky as she suddenly tightens a slender, smooth leg around my right thigh.

"My turn, Tae Winter." She says in a raspy, sleepy voice, her usual round eyes now catlike.

My cheeks warm furiously.

Noticing my redness, she smiles widely and snakes an arm around my shoulder. I try my best to keep silence when she kisses a trail across my jawline and down my throat.